
Parent teacher conference was recently upon us and I think it's one of those things that most parents look forward to or dread. I think I need to start by saying how much I completely and totally love my boys' teachers. Love them! Spencer's PTC was just an amazing review of what a great kid he is. He had a 4.0 GPA and was excelling at math. His teacher even said he and one of the other girls in the class were bored with what they were doing, but they also tend to challenge each other when they are working on bigger math problems. I have noticed that the last few years, all of his teacher have instilled some kind of 'love' of a subject in him. His 3rd grade teacher gave him a love of science, his 4th grade teacher helped him to completely fall in love with math and this year, his teacher has helped him love to read. He is reading scary books about vampires and warewolves but still, he's reading and enjoying it. His teacher told us this year that he is just a great kid, you can tell he loves his family and he is starting to blossom with his guitar playing. We also talked a lot about up coming and ongoing programs and events. They are participating in the D.A.R.E program now, the 'birds and the bee's' program soon, and whatever else comes next in a 5th graders life. I am so excited to see all the things he is going to get to learn about. He's a great kid :)

Now, onto my little Adam. When I sat down, the teacher started to talk to me about how great Adam is doing in math and science. So well in fact that he has become lazy about reading and writing. He is reading at a high basic/ low proficient level. And his writing has been less than stellar and at times seems overwhelming for him. However, his art work/illustrations totally rock. So, when his teacher and I talked about how to help him, I mentioned at home (cleaning his room) when he feels overwhelmed we have to break things down to 'Ok Adam, lets pick up your books, now lets work on your toys, next let's try the clothes, ect.....) She said she would work on that with him and Todd and I have tightened our night time routine to include a little more one on one time with Adam and his reading. Hopefully, if we can build up some confidence in him, the rest will follow. Now that we were done with the 'hard stuff to talk about' she told me that Adam is a joy to have in class. He's extremely funny and always entertaining. She had nothing but good things to say about him in every other aspect. He is also a great kid. YAY!!!!!! I am beginning to think that Todd and I just might be doing ok with all these babies :)

No comments:
Post a Comment