Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday Happenings.......

 I have to say, I was happy today came. Not that I don't adore my family, but I function better when we are sticking to a pretty strict schedule. The last 2 weeks were filled with a whole lotta nothing. Including a schedule. My kids were almost always in bed by 8:30 but would stay up listening to their iPods or playing a video game. And I just let them. So last night, we when back to no iPods or video games and all the kids were in bed by 8:00 and asleep by 8:30. Todd and I were even in bed really early. It was so nice. This morning, the kids and I saw Val off to school. She is in her 3rd semester at BYU Idaho and doing well. We miss her terribly when she is gone, but I know she is going to do amazing things after she graduates :) We are so proud of you honey :)

 And while we were getting back to our normal routine, Sara was also keeping busy. While I was cleaning my bathroom this morning, Sara thought she should paint herself with peanut butter. And might I say, she did a great job! It was all up and down her legs and pants. There was also some on her shirt, face and a glob on the floor. When I came out and saw what she had done, I said "Sara Rose, what are you doing?" She just smiled sweetly and said " Want pu-bu, Mommy!" That is peanut butter in Sara speak.
 Now, I am getting a little concerned because she has inherited a lovely Bates' trait. An addiction to peanut butter. As you can see, there are Drama Mama meltdowns when the request for peanut butter has been denied. Last night, I only allowed her 1 'peanut butter spoon'. O' My goodness. I swear to you, she was so mad at one point, I thought she was going to pass out from holding her breath during her crying fit. Good heavens! What a little stinker my Princess Peanut Butter is, good thing she's cute :)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Em said...

Oh Melea! That is hilarious - thank you for sharing. I love all the photos too. :)

Joe, Mandy, Lindsay, & Aubrey said...

awww! sweet sweet little angel! She is still so adorable...sweet baby! :)