Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Personal Path to Spirituality

 As far as my life goes right now, I am still searching for my true spiritual path. I have struggled for years with Christianity, all branches of it. Every year that goes by, I feel myself pulling away from any and all beliefs I was raised with or that has been pounded into my head as an adult. I've only said this outloud to a few select people. I'm not embarrassed or ashamed, but people look at you funny when you express a difference in beliefs, especially ones that most Americans believe in. There is a sense of 'going to hell' that expressed, if not in words then in actions and looks. It saddens me sometimes, but most often I try to think 'to each their own' and just move on. This year I'm going to work a little harder on conquering my inner beliefs and teaching myself, compassion, understanding and just allowing myself to let go of any insecurities, fears and worries I have had and focusing on what is the right path for me :) Hopefully, I can find peace, contentment and enlightenment somewhere along the way :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: