Sunday, August 24, 2008

Thankful Sunday

Today I have to blog a little bit about being thankful for some of the things or rather people in my life. When I got home from Joey's wedding on Friday, Pat (my older brother) had called and left a message. He sounded distraught. When I talked to him, he told me he had been the victim of an ARMED robbery/home invasion. He said he was ok, but was very shaken and a little broken and bruised. As I listened to him, I was thinking about how he has only been part of my life for 20 years and how that so wasn't enough time. I love and adore him and thinking of how I could've lost him in the blink of an eye, well, sucked and made me realize how much I wanted another 20 years, if not, 50 more years with him, being is sister. I know time will replace 'things' and hopefully heal emotional wounds, but I hope that since we all have loved ones, we tell them that we love them and we make sure we never part ways without always knowing and telling someone we love them, because in the blink of an eye they could be gone. So in lu of pictures, I just want to say;

I am so thankful for my little family, both immediate and extended. I absolutely adore them.
I am thankful for Pat and the amazing inspiration he is to me and the fact that he is alive after a tragic event.
I am thankful for my best friend Arlene and the person she is to me.
I am thankful for the rest of my friends and the amazing support system that they are for me.
Even though it's 'things' I am thankful for my home and the security it provides, my vehicles and the transportation it provides, and for all the utilities that make my life easy.
I am thankful that I get to be a Mom & Wife, Sister & Aunt, Best Friend & friend, Sister-in-Law and nurturer. I love all these positions in my life.

I know Iam blessed everyday.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Now THAT is sappy! I am glad I am still around too;-).