
Happy Valentine's Day to me. What a wonderful husband I have. Seriously. I think I'm one lucky girl. These beautiful roses arrived late in the day on Saturday, while Todd and the kids were visiting Todd's mom. These kid, and I do say kid now cuz I am that old, came to the door and asked if I was Meelee. Well, no I am not, but I am Melea:)

He then prceeded to hand me these beautiful roses. How stunning. I felt loved and adored this Valentine's Day. What a sweet lover I have. I think I might keep him forever.

In other Bates news, well, there just isn't much to report. We are still working on recovering from the sickies last week. Spencer is doing great. Sweet boy that he is. It kills me that he is so responsible and so wonderful, but Todd and I have recently had to have a talk with him about 'half assing' everything he does. It's a huge pet peeve of mine and one that seriously needed addressed with him. It wasn't a fun talk but he listened and has been doing a little bit better. I hate having to talk to him about his 'issues', because truly, he is an blessing to get to raise. And he gets the most remorseful look on his face and understands what we are talking to him about. Anyway, I think half assing things is a kids trait, and he will eventually grow out of it. Hopefully soon.

Adam, Adam, Adam. Words that I say daily. Sweet man. Adam has always had a huge imagination. Lately, he has been working really hard on creating stories and asking 100's of questions on 'what if' scenarios. Like "Mom, what if you could marry Justin Timberlake or Daddy? Who would you marry?" To which I always rely "Adam, Adam, Adam, I would marry your Daddy." These stories and questions don't just happen daily, they happen several times a day. And he is always talking, I mean always talking about an idea for a story or whatever is on is mind. Spencer gets so frustrated with him. I get frustrated with him, because there is NEVER a break. But I love his imagination and his sense of wonder.

I thought this was an adorable picture of Todd and Lily. He is such a sweet Daddy. And Lily has him totally wrapped around her little fingers and piggies. Lily is doing great. The only thing that we are working on with her is her little bits of attitude. We are very careful with what the kids can and cannot say and do with regards to being respectful. Sometimes it's a face, sometimes it's words, but we do have to keep our little princess in check and try to teach her right from wrong while still allowing her to be herself and express her feelings. Sweet girl.

O' Sara. Sweet Sara. Busy Sara. Sweet Angel Lamb! I think I am going to find her hanging from the chandelier. In this picture she was helping Daddy tighten up the thingies on the end table. Sweet helper. She loves to follow us around, figuring out what we are doing and just how she can copy us. You know what, it doesn't take her long to figure it out. I think I have said this before but we believe that she is a genius:)
1 comment:
Melea I just love reading your posts about your sweet angels you have. Wow adam sounds so much like my aubrey. She is so curious and asks all kinds of questions, and has a HUGE imagination too. It's kind of funny, all of the other girls have to tell her numerous times "be quiet aubrey!" lol. Your kids are adorable, and I had to chuckle at the MeeLee part, lol. Hope you guys are doing better at your house, how are you feeling?
Post a Comment