
Adam had a 'Reader's Theater' at school today. It's where the kids get to read stories that they have worked on with other students and parents and other family members get to come watch them read it out loud to the audience. I had yet another headache today so Todd went to watch him. Todd said Adam did great, and was adorable (of course) while reading 'The Singing Giant'. He read it to me a few days ago. It's about a giant who lives in the mountains outside a village and sings all the time. The parents and the grandparents are tired of him singing because they don't get enough sleep. So the giant stops singing and all the babies start crying all the time. And nothing soothes them. Someone figures out that the babies never cried when the Giant was singing. So the village brings the Giant down to hold and sing to the babies. All the babies went to sleep and the parents and the grandparents in the village cheered. It was such a cute story. My little Adam is quite the reader too.

Then when Todd got home and started getting ready for work, Adam and I headed to the Drug store. When we got there he was quiet entertaining. The clerk, who knows him, asked him a few questions, and the conversation came around to discipline. The clerk asked him if he was to old for spankings. With a smile Adam say's "No, not really." I smiled at him and he continued to tell the clerk that he mostly gets 'disciplined' not a spanking. And disciplines only happen 6 times a month. Again I smiled. We are a 'go to your room' family. I need to calm down sometimes and the kids really hate being away from each other so it works really well...most of the time. Anyway, it was funny and everyone standing in line around us was giggling. Then we went into Maverik. There's a lady that works there that we have known for a while. Adam told her as she was giving me my change.."My Mom gives me her cents." I thought..'Adam if you only knew how many (sense) cents I have given you.' When he said that EVERYONE giggled at him, and the clerk gave Adam my cents. Which I never mind doing with him because it always comes back to me through the wash...Sweet, Sweet Adam. I love him so much. The smiles he puts on my face are daily and he makes my heart swell with pride and sometimes worry with what he just might happen to say :)

No comments:
Post a Comment