
Awe... Look at my sweet little man. Adam won a managing me award for reading 100 books at home. YAY!! This was no small feet for this little man. Adam is the kid that walks out of the school with all of his papers in his hands, his backpack wide open and empty, his coat may or may not be on him depending on the day and he is full of smiles, ready to meet you with a big ol' honkin' hug. However, he constantly forget to bring his books home. He is supposed to be bringing a book home every night for homework and return it the next day. Well, that hardly EVER happens. Usually, he brings home 10 at a time and we can read them and send them back that way. It works pretty well for him. He's such a free spirit. And I love that about him. But man there are days I wish he could be more responsible. However, he wouldn't be my little Adam then.

Anyway, he got an award for reading 100 books. He was so sweet when he got up in front of the school to receive it. He acted a little shy and kind of played with his coat. But when he sat down, he discovered all the things that he could do with his award. Things like, making it into a telescope and checking out what the rest of the students are doing. I can only begin to guess what other fabulous ideas he can come up with. Look at him, you know his imagination is in overdrive. There are day that I wish I could crawl into his head and see what

he is really thinking and how is mind works. To see his thought process and his gears just turning. In saying all of that, he is quite the little reader. When he reads, he has so much emotion in his sentences. He makes 'Going to the Store' sound like he's going to Disneyland. Man, it's cute. I think he's just bringing life to a story. And he's really picking up some bigger words. I really look forward to our reading time at night. He's so into what he is learning about in school too. There was a penguin unit at school a few weeks ago and he just ate it up. He loved it. When he chooses what book he wants to read at bedtime, he's been picking nature books. Gorillas, tornadoes, sharks and whatever else is interesting to him that day.

Anyway, I am blessed everyday to get to be his Mom. And the fact that he is a bright and curious makes him even more adorable. Even if he consistantly forgets to take his books back to school.
No comments:
Post a Comment