So, here I am yet again thinking about what a slacker I am, but then again, this week has been a crazy one. Monday: Not to terribly exciting. Took the boys to school, then Lily. Followed by grocery shopping and house work.
Tuesday: I had breakfast with my sweet Sala in the morning. Todd and I went over to have lunch with Adam at school because it was "Book Fair" week and each grade had a day to invite their parents to come have lunch with then in the yummy cafeteria and afterwards, hang out and look at books and possibly purchase a few. All of that was so fun. I love hanging out with my little man and seeing his sweet face. Anyway, then, later that afternoon, Arlene and I went out for a belated birthday dinner and got to have a grown up meal that was hot, on my plate, I didn't have to share. Then Arleney and I came back to my house and hung out for a few minutes while Todd and Spencer went to Taekwondo. Lily's eyes looks suspiciously pink earlier in the day so, I called her pediatrician who called in some eye drops for her. (Pinkeye rocks.) However, no dance class. She did declare her undying devotion for a young man she has decide is 'the one'. She was going to go to school and tell him they were going to get married after college. (We pound 'marriage after college' into our kids' heads like you wouldn't believe.) Hopefully he understands this and they will live happily ever after. (Why is she so boy crazy at 4?)
Wednesday: I helped out in the Library in the morning. Had another lunch with my sweet Adam and helped out in the Library again at lunch time. Adam is such a sweet boy :) I know there was 100 other things we did I just can't remember.
Thursday: I had breakfast with Sala again (yes, it's a habit) but we invited our friend Misty. We had a ball giggling and sharing stories about our babies. Then around lunch time, Todd and I grabbed Spencer from school (Adam wanted to go to our neighbors house after school instead of skipping a few hours and coming with us) and headed to Evanston. While in Evanston, we got my Driver's License renewed, groceries, lunch and then came the sad, sad trip to the Pediatrician's office. I love our pediatrician. She is just a fabulous Doctor. Lily and Sara were both due for their immunizations. Lily needed her Kindergarten shots, even though we don't send our kids to school until they are 6, she will be 5 in June and can have the shot anytime after they are 4, so we had them done. And sweet Sara needed her 12-15 month shots. Because I am a looser Mom and got a little bit behind with them. Anyway, Lily is 4 and lets say 3/4. She weighs 41 lbs. and is 3 ft. 3 in. tall. She is in the 50th percentile for weight (YAY!) and 10th for height (Really, does she even have a chance here). Sara 18 months and is 21 lbs. 14 oz. and is 2 ft. 6.5 in. long. She is in the 10th percentile for weight (what?) and the 50th percentile for height (again, what?). The girls looked healthy. Sara immediately showed Dr. DePalma how strong her lungs were by crying loudly from the moment she was weighed until we were leaving the office. Lily was very brave and didn't cry through 3 shots. That is until, she got the 4th, nasty MMR shot. But still she was brave and earned her new Barbie Thumbelina movie and proof of valor and honor. Lily has some dry patches of skin on her (imagine that, MY baby has sensitive skin?) but other than that, she was great. Just sad, and then happy because she got a Ariel band aide. Sweet Sara Rose, the baby with the great memory, screamed her face off. But her lungs were great, ears, teeth and whatever else the Dr. was feeling for, was healthy and fabulous. I swear I leave the Dr. office after immunizations feeling like I had cried for hours. I am just emotionally exhausted. I needed a Starbucks run, with a double shot and the girls earned their ice cream cone. (Spencer did too, for being the wonderful big brother that he is.) And Todd, being the ever wonderful Daddy that he is definitely earned his diet Coke. A quick shout out to Barb for the gift certificate to Starbucks, that was the birthday present EVER! Anyway, when Todd and I got home from Evanston, we feed the kids and Todd went to get his mother so he and I could go out on a quick date for my belated birthday dinner. Todd's Mom offered to keep the kids so we could go out. I was pleasantly surprised and happy. We also bribed Spencer with some extra video game time with his Daddy, if he would help with Sara. To which he eagerly accepted and excelled at. Dinner was yummy and the kids were in one piece when we got home.
Friday: Parent Teacher Conference. Spencer's report card were all 'Advanced' except for P.E. and he was proficient in that. Mr. Argyle said that he has really, really done well in math. One of his best students. Seriously had nothing but praise for my big man. Spencer has really taken off with his math stuff. He will sit at home for hours making up him own 'problems' and figuring them out. I have even caught him calculating on his cell phone, under his covers when he is supposed to be asleep. To which I had to come tell Todd that our child wasn't normal and something needed to be done about it. Mr. Argyle told us that this class was a great class. Full of kids who get off the bus ready to learn. That was cool. Adam's teacher, Mrs. Hickey also adores my other little man. He was proficient in everything. He is reading a little above his grade level and is great with patterns. She also said that everyone who meets him, loves him. He is funny and witty. She loves his personality and told us we were blessed to have such a great kid and kids. The only thing he needs help on is returning his reading book completed, to which I replied that he always returns his books completed. It may take him weeks to remember to return them, but they are done :) She also said that he is in a great class of kids. Anyway. He is doing great. Life is good. We did make a stop at the library to grab the books the kids had picked out through the week. We bought a whole bunch of easy reader books for Adam and of course a superhero book, a book about Vampires for Spencer, Lily got a fairies book and Sara got a few hard cover books about puppies (she calls them "Pup-pup dare") and we come home and just kind of hung out, played Scrabble with Spencer and played with the kiddo's.
Saturday: We woke up to about 18 inches of fabulous snow. One of the biggest storms we have had all winter. The boys played a really funny game with Todd called Curses and in the afternoon, he laid down, the kids played and I had a headache. Todd left for a 5 day graveyard set.
Sunday: My sweet neighbor Melynda came over to hang out with me and let our babies play. We both needed some grown up conversation. And the kids really play well together. It was a great day :)
Well, that was my week in review. I swear there are days where I don't think I can fit one more thing into our schedule and this was a whole week of those days. But I love it, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the whole world.

No comments:
Post a Comment