Thursday, August 6, 2009

SURPRISE ARLENEY

My very best friend in the whole entire world did two things recently. First and foremost she has earned her Associates Degree in sociology from the University of Phoenix. And she turned 30 something... YAY!!! So I got a wild hair to throw her a surprise party to celebrate both achievements. My niece Janice made her 'Rockstar' cake, Arlene's step-daughter Tiffany supplied the decorations, Todd band rocked the house down and the rest of us supplied some yummy food and we partied.
First off, I have to tell you that I am a horrible secret keeper. Especially when it comes to
Arlene. We tell each other EVERYTHING. But I have to say, I was pretty proud of myself for not even remotely letting on that this was happening. She walked into my house and was completely shocked and surprised. It was great!
After a few hugs and lots of tears and realizing all the deception that went on to keep her from figuring out what we were all doing, we officially
started the party. We all sang happy birthday to her and Todd made her stand on the Amplifier so everyone could see her. That was pretty dang funny :)

There were Rock Star poses......

A very talented band playing.....

Arlene's husband and Mama were busting a move......

The bass player was so hot, I think I might ask him to come home with me :) And maybe I'll keep his little groupie.






I have to tell you that I love Arlene with all my heart. She is my other soul mate. The kind of friend that loves you in spite of your record number of flaws, allows you to be you without judgement. The kind that celebrates your victories and kicks someone's ass went you feel defeated. I can't say it enough that I love her and the spirit she brings into my life. Thank you for being my bestie Arleney.

2 comments:

JanaMac said...

Fun, fun, fun!!! What an awesome best friend you are, Arlene is so blessed to have you!

sUsAn N mAtT said...

You are an amazing friend and have such a great personality. That is the cutest cake!! Where did you get it? How fun!