Sunday, August 23, 2009

Swimming Lessons 2009

Swimming lessons this year for Spencer was the beginning of the junior life guard program. Doesn't he look so handsome sitting up there :) Anyway, the main thing he did this year is learn the basics of life guard training. He had to 'save' the random victims in the pool. Most of the time it was his best bud Konnor other times it was Adam, but he had to jump in and save them properly. It was so cool to watch him know what to do. I totally understand this wasn't a 'real' drowning scenario but he was still awesome. He loves swimming, I hope it's something that he continues through school.
 

 

My sweet little Adam was in level 4. It's a pretty difficult level to pass and usually takes a few years to get all the strokes down. He did really well for having such short little legs. His teacher said he is always the life of the party, always making her smile. She was my teacher in church when I was younger, so I've known her most of my life. And I was really excited she was Adam's teacher. She's actually been Adam's teacher the last 2 years for swimming so I guess we just got lucky :)
 

 

Miss Lil' was in a level that is kind of a beginner of level 2. It's basically where she is learning to be comfortable in the water, to hold her breath under water and to kick her legs and move her arms. She's pretty good at it. She loves the water and had a great time with her teacher and hanging out with her friend Kamryn.
 

 

 
It was a successful year, even if Lily looks like she wasn't having a great time :) The Bates/Hutchinson Clan rocked swimming lessons this year. Whoooo-Hoooo....
 



Posted by Picasa

No comments: