Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I love New Year's Day. It feels so good to know that you always have a fresh start. That probably sounds silly because you have the same mortgage, same issues with your kids, same argument with your spouse, ect... However, it's an excuse to set a goal and work towards making your life better whatever that might be for you. Last year was a good year for us. I can't complain. No one died, no one was diagnosed with a serious illness, my house is intact and my family is together. I know for some loved one's it was a hard year and I think a new year always brings hope for something better than the last year. Last year brought some good things to us. Personally, I fell a little more in love with my husband. Those who know me might think this is silly, I have always been in love with him. But this year I just enjoyed him. I recognize those little things that he does for me and our family that I didn't see before. The way he always greets me with a 'Hey Baby', the way his face lights up when he sees his kids, the way he just enjoys being a Daddy. I feel like every year with him gets easier and more comfortable. He is just a wonderful man that I get to call mine. He also started an 'Ideal Protien' diet and so far he has lost 40 lbs. He's so yummy. On to the little loves of my life :) I got to see my kids grow up a little bit more. Which can be a good and a bad thing. I am very slowly learning to enjoy the small things around me because I realize in the end, they really are the big things. I got to meet friends and become close to people that I would've never had the chance to do so if it wasn't for Facebook. That sounds cheesy probably, but it has been a great social network for me. I got to throw my best friend a surprise birthday party and see her beautiful face light up with happiness. The next day we all got to go to Crue Fest and enjoy some fabulous bands that I hope to see again in the very near future. We mostly finished our basement which is a biggie. We have been in our house for 5 1/2 years and it hasn't gotten done. But between our nephew Jim and my sweet Todd it is near completion. YAY!!!! I also embarked on a new adventure. I am a Slumber Parties Consultant. I can hook you up with anything that might enhance your romantic side. It has always been a very comfortable for me to talk about and help people with, so I figured, why not make a little money too. Wahoo!!! So anyway, I think it was a good year. Not to many ups and downs. Just a whole lot of in the middles :)
Last year my only resolution was to keep my house cleaner. Well, I did it. The first resolution I have ever been able to keep and integrate into my life. I got into a routine, got the kids into a routine and it has been great. I feel like if someone unexpected shows up at the door, I don't panic because my house is a disaster. Anyway, my friend Misty asked me if I would be interested in doing a 365 project this year. Basically, I take (with my new fancy shmancy camera:) and post a picture everyday. I thought it would be fun to put it on Facebook and here. So if the picture doesn't match the things I am writing about, then you'll know why :) Alright, here are a few of my resolutions. This year I really want to figure out my emotionally eating issues. Diets put me into a severe depression and I am tired of it. I want to be healthy. I want my family to be healthy. There is to much family history of unhealthiness to not teach my kids and myself what a healthy lifestyle is. I want to be more active. This one is going to have to be a priority. For being so chubby, I keep up with my kids pretty well. I don't my weight slow me down much. But I want to feel better, smile more. Be someone my kids are proud to have as a Mommy. Another thing is is that I need to be very conscience to hug more and yell less. I have been sooooo lucky to have such great kids and there are days where I cannot find any joy. With all these babies, there is always joy along with the craziness. I just need to look harder, chill out a little bit and hug my beautiful babies. I also want to 'date' my husband more. We are calmer and more in love with each other when we have a few minutes to ourselves. And the last thing is to learn to save money a little better. Todd has a great job, but it seems like the money doesn't always stretch as far as we would like it to. So I will be putting more money away and thinking more about 'needs' verses 'wants'.
In saying all of that, I know that I am constantly under construction and will mess up and hit a million road blocks, but as my sweet sister in law reminded me, everything in baby steps. Maybe I'll get there a little at a time :)

1 comment:

Em said...

You inspire me! Happy New Year!