
My little Adam was lucky enough to be able to do a Jr. Jazz basketball camp last week. Now, mind you, my sweet little man doesn't know anything about basketball. That is, up until last week. He learned passing, defense, dribbling and of course shooting. And on Thursday Spencer, Todd and I got to go see what he had learned. He was precious! Seriously, I thought he was really good. And so very handsome.

So anyway, I noticed a few things that surprised me while watching him. He isn't the same kid I usually see at home.

The main thing I noticed is that he wasn't aggressive at all. He seemed to bounce around the outside of the other kids and never tried to steal the ball. He even had the ball stolen from him a few times. Then one of the sweetest things ever happened. One of his best friends, who just happened to be on the opposing team, fell in the middle of the court. Adam ran over to him, helped him up and brushed him off. He was just making sure he was ok. I smiled at my sweet little man and felt so proud of him.

So, in four days, Adam started to understand the game of basketball. He seemed to enjoy it and do very well. As his Mommy, I got to observe, how loving and tender hearted he is. I see his sweetness at home but he doesn't mind kicking the crap out of his brother and tormenting his sister. There was none of it in his game playing skills. He was gentle and kind. I love that he was social with the other kids and was conscience of what was going on around him. I love my little future basketball star.
1 comment:
That is so cute, Melea! What a sweetheart he is. I am sure you were a very proud mommy, as you should be! How are you guys feelin? {{HUGS}}
Post a Comment