Friday's at our humble abode are almost always pizza and movie night. Sometimes I make pizza, but more often than not we call Pizza Hut and grab a movie. Sometimes it's a rental, but most of the time we watch a movie we already own. The only real rule is that we all have to agree on it. Todd and I really don't care but the kids definitely do. There can be no Barbie, Star Wars, Princesses or Super Heroes. So that usually leaves one of the Pirate of the Caribbean movies or one of the Harry Potter movies. Well, my personal favorites are the Harry Potter movies. Tonight, I was in luck. We started reading the first book in the series to the kids, so the boys wanted to watch the movie. And Lily agreed!!! YAY!!! We had a rough week of strep. Saturday Sweet Sara Rose started out with a rash and a fussy night. I had started feeling crappy last week and Todd and I both felt terrible through the weekend. Anyway, Sunday, Sara was worse, I was worse and Todd was feeling a little better. Monday, Sara and I went in to see the doctor. Strep, both of us. Antibiotics. Tuesday. I was feeling even more terrible than the weekend and Sara was still so fussy, although her rash was improving. Wednesday, Adam and Spencer were feeling crappy, now Adam had a rash. Lovely. More strep tests. Adam's was positive. Spencer's was negative. The Doctors office sent Spencer's off to be cultured. He turned out to be positive. Thursday, Lily wakes up feels great, goes to school, feels crappy. She has strep. The doctor didn't even test her. She just put Lily, Spencer and then Todd on antibiotics. Lily had sores in her mouth. She was definitely streppy and Todd was bound to get it. So the whole family is on antibiotics and starting to feel better. Thank heavens. We haven't felt great for sure. The thing was with this round of strep was that we all just felt crappy. No one really had sore throats. Some had fevers (Sara and Lily), some rashes (Sara and Adam), and others (Spencer, Todd and me) felt like someone had beat the crap out of them with a tired stick and stuffed their noses full of cotton. So we are on the mend and really excited for next week. Next week we will all feel better and be well rested for the next round of yuckies.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Pizza and Movie Night
Friday's at our humble abode are almost always pizza and movie night. Sometimes I make pizza, but more often than not we call Pizza Hut and grab a movie. Sometimes it's a rental, but most of the time we watch a movie we already own. The only real rule is that we all have to agree on it. Todd and I really don't care but the kids definitely do. There can be no Barbie, Star Wars, Princesses or Super Heroes. So that usually leaves one of the Pirate of the Caribbean movies or one of the Harry Potter movies. Well, my personal favorites are the Harry Potter movies. Tonight, I was in luck. We started reading the first book in the series to the kids, so the boys wanted to watch the movie. And Lily agreed!!! YAY!!! We had a rough week of strep. Saturday Sweet Sara Rose started out with a rash and a fussy night. I had started feeling crappy last week and Todd and I both felt terrible through the weekend. Anyway, Sunday, Sara was worse, I was worse and Todd was feeling a little better. Monday, Sara and I went in to see the doctor. Strep, both of us. Antibiotics. Tuesday. I was feeling even more terrible than the weekend and Sara was still so fussy, although her rash was improving. Wednesday, Adam and Spencer were feeling crappy, now Adam had a rash. Lovely. More strep tests. Adam's was positive. Spencer's was negative. The Doctors office sent Spencer's off to be cultured. He turned out to be positive. Thursday, Lily wakes up feels great, goes to school, feels crappy. She has strep. The doctor didn't even test her. She just put Lily, Spencer and then Todd on antibiotics. Lily had sores in her mouth. She was definitely streppy and Todd was bound to get it. So the whole family is on antibiotics and starting to feel better. Thank heavens. We haven't felt great for sure. The thing was with this round of strep was that we all just felt crappy. No one really had sore throats. Some had fevers (Sara and Lily), some rashes (Sara and Adam), and others (Spencer, Todd and me) felt like someone had beat the crap out of them with a tired stick and stuffed their noses full of cotton. So we are on the mend and really excited for next week. Next week we will all feel better and be well rested for the next round of yuckies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you are all on the mend! It's no fun when someone is sick, but when everyone is it makes it awful! :)
Post a Comment