Sunday, March 1, 2009

Bates' Review

 Ok..So I have been really sucky at keeping up on my blogging. I'm sorry. I have been slacking on a whole bunch of other things to be honest with you. I have been struggling with headaches. Really bad headaches. I have always had migraines. Probably 1 a week. Then right after New Years, I started getting really, really bad, pulsating headaches. I will spare you the major details, lets just say, they happen when I'm exercising or um....let's see.... involved in other.. more fun... shall we say
ummmm....activities. Anyway, when I get them, they take days
 to get over. Like I'm hung over. It's miserable. I've had these specific headaches before, when Adam was a baby. The first one I ever got was through weight lifting, and they continued through every kind of activity imaginable. At that time, my Dr. thought that I should have a MRA, which is similar to an MRI, but is looks at the arteries in your brain. It was clear, all but a small narrowing of my Basilar Artery. Which could've been present since childhood. Nothing that would've been causing the headaches. So, when these specific headaches started up again, my current P.A. thought that I should have another MRA to make sure there is no change in the narrowing and/or my brains. When the results came in, they where all clear. My brains are fine....Well, as far as they could tell:) So, my P.A. put me on Topamax, with the hope of controlling the headaches. Yeah Right! So far, I've had a consistent headache that hasn't subsided in a week and I have been so hot, dizzy and lightheaded that I feel like I might pass out. I was even throwing up the other night from it. Plus, my beloved coke, tastes like ass! I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm at my wits end with my headaches and my meds.
 Ok. So, in other news. Todd's beloved XBOX 360 caught the 'Red Ring Of Death' a few months ago. It was divesting to the Bates' Boys. The level of withdrawals at our house can only be described as mourning. When the tragic event happened Todd tried to call and get out old XBOX fixed, apparently it's a common problem, but the lady on the other end couldn't find our house on her UPS system stuff. And Todd was on the phone with her for EVER. He ended up needing to end his phone call and after talking about it we decided to wait until income tax return time and get an XBOX Elite. We can get Netflix movies directly to our machine and it has more memory or something like that.
 It's big and black and I've never seen 3 happier boys in all the world! There was even a Kung Fu Panda game that Lily can play, so she can even be involved. Now, we need to finish the freakin' basement so I don't have to watch those crappy games:) Which hopefully, within the next few sets of days off, we'll get it done. Then all that boy crap goes down stairs. Everything will be neatly organized, there will be a home for all the controllers and all the games...everything will have a place to go. Woot~Woot!
 In Princess news, Lily has been making sure the boys know exactly who is boss. She's sassy!
 She has learned several big words and flings them out there whenever she thinks they need to be used. Such as disrespectful and inappropraite. Todd and I use these words all the time, but hearing them come out of her little mouth is so stinkin' funny. I just have to smile at her and just giggle. Sweet baby girl.
 Sweet Sara has learned the actions, well our family's actions, I don't know if they are 'THE' actions, to 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' and 'Paddy Cake'. But she knows them and will do them with you while you sing. And she is constantly asking you to sing them to you. Well, she doesn't really ask, she just comes up to you and starts the spider motion with her fingers. It's so sweet. I need to get that on video soon.
Anyway, I hope all of you are doing great. I'll try to be a better blogger this week:)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Steph said...

Hey, I love the new look of your blog! I usually read in my feeds so I don't get to see the fun stuff.
So sorry about the headaches! I get headaches too...every day, but they don't come in the migrane variety so often. Once every couple of months. I hope you can figure it out and get better...
Might you be 'preggo' again?

Joe, Mandy, Lindsay, & Aubrey said...

Okay I spit my drink out when i read that your coke tastes like ass...seriously, hilarious to me because when I was on topamax everything tasted awful to me too! joe thought I was making it up!!! I have never learned so much about headaches as I did when I went to the hearing and balance specialist that Western Neurological referred me to. I hope you can get all of this figured out soon!