Saturday, June 20, 2009

Gloomy Day

 There are days, for no particular reason at all, that I am consumed with grief and inconsolably miss my Mom. I just wish I could pick up the phone and talk to her or ask her advise. But mostly on days like this, I wish I could hug her. Melt into her arms and breath her in. Have her reassure me that she was there, by my side. Having her as my soft place to fall. I feel like I was short changed with her dying when I was so young. She was only alive for a short amount of time. 12 years is never long enough to spend with your Mom. There was so much more to learn from her.
I really don't like days like today. Thankfully they are few and far between. But man when they hit, they bitch slap me right upside the head. And they leave me really lonely, desperately needing a hug from my Mama.

No comments: