Sunday, June 21, 2009

Princess Lily turns 5.....

 I cannot believe how fast time flies. Holy cow. Today I was thinking that 5 years ago today I was giving birth to the most beautiful baby girl I had ever seen. After about 7 1/2 hours of labor, Miss Lily Lavinia arrived, weighing in at 8lbs.6oz. and 19 inches long. I remember asking the Doctor several times if she really was a girl :) I even took her diaper off a little while later when I was alone with her, just to make sure and was so very happy that she was definitely a girl.
 I have to tell a quick story about how we arrived at Lily's name and the spelling of her name. I was about 100 months pregnant and read a book that my friend Keri and given me. It was called 'The Secret Life of Bee's.' The main character's name was Lily. Well, I fell in love with that name. Todd and I never agree on names and when I told him about this name that I thought was just beautiful, he agreed. WTF? I think it was a sign. Then it seemed like everywhere I looked I saw that name. Always spelled differently, but it seemed like it was another sign. When Todd and I where talking about it, I had asked a few people how they thought we should spell it. My friend Keri thought that we should make it as easy as possible and spell it with just one L instead of 2. I talked to my Nana to see what her opinion was and she thought that since the flower is spelled Lily then that was how we should spell it. Well that made perfect sense. So it was Lily with just one L from that
 moment on. She was destined to be our little flower. Her middle name is my middle name and I always loved that it was so different and that it was both of my Great-Grandmother's names. So, when my first baby girl was born I new that was going to be her middle name. And Lily Lavinia has always fit her perfectly.
 Anyway, Lily is a joy to get to raise. I see a lot of myself in her and yet her Daddy pops on there too. She shakes her booty like no other and is constantly singing something. She tends to pick up on lyrics and remembers them, sometimes a little to well. She is the light in her Daddy's eyes. The baby girl we so desperately wanted. I am proud to say that Lily is the annoying little sister to her two older brothers, not only does she want to be with them and do everything they are doing, but she loves to boss them around too. She is really good at it. Lily loves her baby sister. She tries so hard to mother her, sometimes to Sara's dismay, but none the less, Sara adores her. Lily is definitely the spunk in our family and the most outgoing of all our kids. I love her so very much and I am so lucky to have her in my life.
Now, on to the good stuff, presents :) This year, Todd and I got Lily a Nintendo DS. Not the souped up one that Spencer has, but just a regular DS. Adam got her the case that goes with it and Sara got her a game. Spencer got her some jewelry that she so desperately has been asking for. She also got several new dresses, more jewelry, make and purses, candy and lots of lip gloss. My friend Misty, who just happens to be Lily's future Mother-in-law, got her the cutest pair of flip-flops that she won't take off. I think Princess Lil' had a fabulous birthday. I love you my little flower.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: