Monday, June 15, 2009

Top Ten Dance Competition/Car Fight......

My incredibly adorable Princess Lily had a clogging competition in Ogden on Saturday. She was adorable. As were all of the little girls. I think Lily is the oldest of the group, but as you can see, not the tallest. She kinda has her Mommy's tallness genes. Meaning, she's a little on the not so tall side. Anyway, Todd, Spencer, Adam, Sara and I loaded our little Princess in the Suburban and headed out to the land of the horribly rude drivers with all goals focused on Lily and the other little Princesses she clogs with, to totally kick butt. (And they did !!!!) We arrived at the Weber State Campus and because we are total dorks, we didn't know where the heck we were headed to. We soon found the place and I got Lily dressed in her 'Beauty and the Beast' costume and put some make up on her (her favorite thing) and headed into the building. Well, I have a horrible confession to make. When I am anxious, I get really bitching, snarky, & rude...to my husband. The one person in the whole world that loves and adores me and puts up with my flaws on a daily basis. I was worried that we were heading into the wrong building and were going to be late. So instead of trusting my knight in shining armor, I was rude and bitchy to him. Not my shining moment to say the least. So with a tension filled journey into the building, we made it in plenty of time. Todd seemed to forgive me and we got to see Lily and the rest of the CSD Tiny Tots clog their way to victory. I don't really know for sure what trophies they won, but they ended up with 2 ginormous trophies. I got a great picture of Lily with her dance teacher/coach Angie. She is a doll and does so well with all these little girls. You can tell she is passionate about dance and goes to a lot of effort to prepare these little girls for competition. We just love her and all she does for all her little dance groups. She rocks. So as we get ready to leave, we notice it is raining like cats and dogs. It has been for days, we don't know why this day would be any different. Well, I guess I was ornery again with my husband, although, the memories of the the events are totally different in mine and Todd's minds, because I don't remember being rude, snarky, or bitchy to him on the way out, but he said I was and as a result we got into another argument that hurt me, so we fought about the whole situation, along with about 100 other things all the way to Evanston. We had a really crappy day, minus about 2 precious hours of getting to see our beautiful daughter shine. But we have learned time and time again, there is nothing like being couped up in a car for hours at a time to hash out all the problems and issues you have been dealing with. It has proven to be our marriage counselling tool and allows us both time to listen and see each others point of view. There aren't always car fights, most of the time he listens to me jabber on about whatever is relevant in my mind for that day or he tells me all about his new video game or happenings at work. It's a great way for us to spend some quality time together, whether it's all about solving the problems of the world or the small things that seem so big inside our little lives. I am a lucky woman. I realize that everyday. I am lucky when I think about the things I get to have....Whether it's a beautiful family to raise, a daughter that loves to shake her booty and sends us on adventures when she is competing, a husband that puts up with me, then understands me when I tell him I was hurt too, and a Suburban to solve our issues in. Life is pretty darn fabulous if you ask me :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

JanaMac said...

I LOVE your new background!! It's "fabulous"!!! You make me laugh Melea; you sound like me; when things get stressful we get tense & take it out on our wonderful husbands! I know that those car fights are never fun, but I love how you're able to put things back into perspective & realize how blessed you are!!

Lilly is such a cutie patootie!! Hannah & I think that she looks like the perfect little princess.