Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy 11th Birthday Spencer

 So 11 years ago yesterday, there was a nasty snow storm in June. I was helping a friend with her kiddo's while she sand bagged the river near her home. After she was done I went home and Todd came home for lunch. I wasn't feeling great. I had been crampy and just feeling yucky, so I went a laid down. Soon, I felt like I needed to go potty. When I got up and started walking down our hallway, my water broke. It massively broke. And I was officially in labor. 15 hours and 2 pushes later, Todd and I welcomed our 8lb. 14oz. 21 inches long, beautiful baby boy. YAY!
 When I say beautiful, I mean beautiful. We had a nurse when we were in the hospital tell us that he was so pretty, he could've been a girl :) Todd was like ...Whoa.. Hey, that's my baby boy. It was so cute. Anyway, we got home from the hospital and really understood how in love we were with this sweet baby. He has had us wrapped around his fingers since day one. He was a wonderful baby. Such an easy little
 man. He has been a logical, smart, easy going child. He has always been very attached to his Daddy. Loves him, looks up to him, wants to be just like him. Everything Todd does, Spencer does. He has been walking in everyone of Todd's foot steps since he could walk. It has been so sweet to see their relationship develop. Spencer is an amazing boy. I love that we talk all the time about world issues. He asks questions all the time about whatever is on his mind. He is a fabulous brother. I have no idea how I would function in a day with out him. He has just been a joy to have in our lives and the fact that Todd and I got to have a hand in creating him, is just icing on the cake. He'a a sweet man.
 Alright, enough about how wonderful my boy is, the good stuff starts now. The birthday presents. This year Todd and I got Spencer a Nintendo DSi. It's the upgraded version of the regular Nintendo DS. This new gaming system is able to take pictures and other cool things :) Adam and Lily got him games for the DSi and Sara got him a case for the DSi. He also got money from friends and family members which he absolutely loved. He was able to get yet another game all by himself. So cool. We had a family get together last Sunday and our niece Janice made him a Lemon Mirage pie. That's his favorite dessert in the whole world. I think he had a pretty great birthday. Happy Birthday to my sweet little man. I love you so very much. I feel blessed everyday to get to be your Mommy. Thank you for being the amazing young man that you are.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: