Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Little Slugger

 The baseball season for 2009 came to an end last night. It's been quiet the season this year. There was lots of rain, wind and even some funky clouds here and there. I have to tell you first and foremost, so when I am bragging about my sweet little man, you can know the truth behind his desire to join baseball. Well, there is a snack at the end of every game. Snacks are usually a juice box and a fruit roll up or something like that. When we were trying to decide if he really wanted to be in baseball this year or not, the deciding factor was snacks. Adam joined baseball this year because there were going to be snacks. That's really the only reason why he wanted to join and since he would be running and getting some exercise, I thought... hey why not, maybe he will
 enjoy it too and learn to like the game. Well, Adam isn't much of a go getter. Both of his parents have that affliction. (Isn't it great that our kids inherit our bad qualities.) He was happy being in the out field where there isn't a lot of action and he can play with the grass. I happen to think it's adorable, but I don't know if his coaches agree. Anyway, he hit a few balls, struck out a ton, ran a few bases, caught a few balls, made a few plays, but mostly I think he was day dreaming about that snack that was all his as soon as the game was over.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Collette said...

I love it. I especially love that their team was the grasshoppers. I think snacks are the best part of little league! He's a cutie.