
My day was crazy yet again. Adam got an award at school called a 'Managing Me' award. He received this prestigious award because of his phenomenal writing abilities. This little man can create and author some amazing stories. Usually involving a video games but still. He has always been a little MichelangAdam also. It's so cute to see your little ones get up in front of people and be recognized for their achievements. Even though he is in 1st grade. His teacher is so cute with him too. She just loves him. He's such a sweet little man. I do have to tell you a funny story about him. I was called today by the school nurse (Nurse Ellen, she was the nurse when I was in school) who said Adam wasn't feeling well and needed me come come get him. After a few moments of conversation with my little man, I decided he really was sick and

went and picked him up. We have a rule, when you are sick and need to come home from school, you have to rest. No playing. Well, when Spencer got home from school, Adam was feeling 'better'. He and Spencer were playing around and Spencer upset Adam, well Adam was seeking revenge by pushing Spencer down the stairs. It's not a long fall, but none the less, a fall. Spencer, crying out in minimal pain, immediately screamed about what had happened. Adam's answer to this crisis, "But Mom, I didn't push him ALL the way down the stairs." To which I had to turn away from the boys and giggle, then tell Adam that pushing his brother, even a little way, down the stairs is wrong and he needed to go to his room. I know I shouldn't have giggled but man, the things he comes up with are hysterical.

The other fabulous thing that was going on today was Lily's 'unbirthday' in Miss Holly's classroom. This is a little celebration for the kids who have summer birthdays. I got to Lil's classroom today just in time to go with the kids to get cattails. While we were there Miss Liz had the kids do the 'Hokie Pokie'. My beautiful baby girl was all smiles during this time. She tried as hard as she could to keep up on all the movements, it was so stinkin' cute. Then when the cattails were gathered, the preschool kids sang 'Happy Birthday' to Lily and she got a cupcake with a candle and got to blow the candle out. She just loved it. I sure love being their Mom. I also got to have lunch with Arlene and hang out with her for a few minutes. We have such similar views on most things, it's nice to talk to someone that's right:) It's always nice to be with her. It was such a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment