Loss. There are days where, even though for the most part I am doing great, I am incapacitate and in a fetal position. I desperately miss my Mom, Nana and My Daddy. I still, after years and years, get emotional when I hear a song like this, I cry my eyes out and it takes me to a place, deep down in my heart, that is a lonely little girl, longing for my loved ones. I miss them so much. I don't allow myself to go there very often. Grief can be overwhelming, feeling sorry for yourself can be destructive, but sometimes, just for a moment it's ok to reach into that part of your heart that carries the grief and just let it out, cry, sob, scream. Todd and I have had a rough year. It's been a struggle, I'm not going to lie to you. Not only have we experienced loss, but our loved ones have faced challenges as well. But when looking at my own life I need to be grateful for what I do have. My family, my brothers, my friends, my extended family. There is definitely more good than bad. I believe there's a reason and a purpose for what we experience in our lives. So, on the days where grief is overwhelming, I look over at my own beautiful little creations, count my many blessings and get over my pity party. Because it doesn't take long for them to start crying, screaming and sobbing. Life moves on, my loved ones would be proud of me, of Todd and especially our babies. I am blessed. No more feeling sorry for myself. Now if I could get Carrie Underwood to shut the hell up:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
O Melea! I am so sorry for you! You have a had a really rough year and no it's not fair! Here's a ((HUG)) from me to you!! Take care!
Post a Comment