
YAY! That's all the gloating I'm going to do, at least for now.
Ok. Now. I hope that through all of this, #1, people realize that Barack Obama won by popular vote, not just by electoral votes. So more people than just me were supporting him. Others also believe in him. #2, give him a chance. Give him a chance. Please. Let him get into office and try to fix some of the things that our country needs serious help with. Let him try to do some of the things that he wants to do.
My other hope his that all of the hateful attacks, emails, and just plain lies will stop. I am hopeful for peace. I feel like a good ol' political argument can tear a family and any other relatioship for that matter, in pieces and that sucks. Our country is built on the principle that you get to vote your conscience. And it has been my experience that you are entitled to your own opinion, without someone else shoving hate down anyone's throat.
Speaking of hate, my sweet Spencer was attacked over and over for liking Obama. Yesterday was especially bad. He heard that he was supporting terrorists, killing babies (Abortion rights), and slavery (WTF?) for believing in Obama. He seriously got in my Suburban, tears rolling down his face because some of his 'friends' were horribly mean to him. It took Todd and I quite a while to claim him down. I was so proud of him for standing up for his beliefs, but sooooooooo pissed off that kids say that stuff to each other, because as much as I know kids can be cruel, they learn this from somewhere. I wanted to go kick some body's ass. The Mommy in me was raging mad. But I also realized that I was able to teach my son a little bit more about tolerance. And how much hate can hurt. We (Yes, Todd voted for Obama too) never spouted hate about John McCain. We simply told our kids why we wanted Obama to be our next President. And how if the election went the other way, we would support McCain, because that's who the majority of Americans thought would be the best person for President.
So today, I look at blogs and people's updates on Facebook and Myspace and wonder why people didn't listen to John McCain's words last night. Our country is not going to hell in a hand basket, but it will be different from what is going on now. I don't think that's a bad thing. Hopefully our President-elect will have support from the McCain supporters. This was a great election, I am so proud to be an American. I am proud that John McCain served in the military and survived imprisonment. He is a wise man, a great man. If you listen to is speech from last night, you'll see just how he cares for America and the path that it needs to be on. You'll hear that he also wants a new and different direction for our country. And just how much he wants America to get behind our new President.
2 comments:
Well while I don't believe in his politics or the things he is going to change around, I don't think there is anything wrong with the man. I do agree there needs to be a change though and I have been rolling my eyes on peoples comments on facebook how the world is going to end now.
I just feel bad for Spencer. Growing up in Wyoming if you aren't republican or your parents aren't your in the minority. Tell him to hang in there and I would want to kick some butt too!
I did not vote for obama or McCain, however, I am greatly concerned as to the new direction our country will take. Obama has a gift of speach for sure, he has been able to convince the majority of the people of what they wanted to hear! Hopefully he will be able to follow thru on any of it.The congress will determine most of his thoughts and how fast they get processed.I worry about how vulnerable and passive people have become to our own government let alone the outside countries he will be making deal with.Too many want to be taken care of by those leaders in "charge" thus forgetting it is them that should take care of the government leaders. As stated, time will tell.I also feel bad for Spencer. Yet those parents felt strongly about Obama and his beliefs thus that is why they did not vote for him. To say Spencer feels that way is wrong and maybe a good subject lesson for a teacher to convey to the class. It will be interesting to see what happens next for sure.
Post a Comment