Sunday, November 9, 2008

Week In Review

I swear this last week has been extremely hectic. We have been so busy lately when Todd is off, all we do is run. Plus I chose to start and finish all four books in the Twilight series this week. Let's see;
Monday: Adam had a cake bake for scouts. They made the cake but we didn't make it to scouts. Todd was running around like a chicken with his head cut off because he is swamped with his Dad's paperwork. And I read.
Tuesday: ELECTIONS! I helped out at Adam's school and in the Library, Lily had dance, tumbling and tap. The boys had Taekwondo, Todd was still stressed and Obama won the election. (WOOT-WOOT!) Had a heart to heart talk with Spencer about mean kids and the words hateful words that people say and how it can grow like wide fire. (I'm still at a loss here.) But feel great about the upstanding little man we are raising. Then I read.
Wednesday: I again helped out at Adam's school, and enjoyed lunch with my little man. Lily had a fever and Sara was fussy. Sick kids are never fun. Todd again was in crazy mode, trying to pull together yet more paperwork. I read.
Thursday: Todd's mother had a Chiropractor appointment in Evanston in the morning and Todd being the dutiful son that he is took her in. Todd then had to run all over Evanston, trying to pull together yet more paperwork. We rushed through all of that, only to realize that we weren't going to make it back in time to get Lily, had to have Sala pick her up from school. Made it home, grabbed Lily, grabbed the boys. Todd took a nap and went to work on Graveyards (BARF!) I read.
Friday: (Kids are out of school) We had PTC for Adam at 7:15 am and Spencer's at 8:00am. Yes, you heard me correctly, AM!!!!!!!! But we did it. Adam's teacher just loves him. We talked about him being to tender hearted (aka..crying at school), but he's also sticking up for other kids in his class. He's reading well but a little flighty at bringing his books home to read every night. He's doing great in math, and mostly that he totally rocks! Spencer's teacher had nothing but praise for him. He is advanced in everything except for reading fluency, and proficient in that. Mr. Argyle thinks he's great at math and seems to really get a lot of the concepts that are involved in math. He gets along with everyone and seems to be doing great. He totally rocks also. Then, when we got home from that, Todd laid down and I hung out with the babies and read. When Todd left for work in the afternoon, we when to Arlenies for the evening and hung out with her and her step daughter Tiffany along with all of the children that we all have. (That's like 10 kids.) We had a great time there. I love Arlenie and we don't get to spend near enough time together. Life is crazy what can I say. When we got home, the kids got in bed and I read some more.
Saturday: I hung out with the babies and finished the forth big-ass book. I rock!
Sunday: Searched for my energy. I can't find it, where the heck did it go? I've got to much to do, because when I was telling you about all he things I was doing, I think you might have noticed that not once did I say words like housework, laundry, grocery shopping or even fixing dinner. So needless to say, I am way behind and can not afford to have miss placed my energy. Next week starts tomorrow and I'm going to be way way behind if I don't find it fast.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Wow so that just brought back a ton of memories. Having a parent come to lunch at school...Mr Argyle taught 5th grade when I was there and everyone wanted him! So funny his sons became such good friends with me.

I am still sorry about Spencer's silly friends though! I would be so ticked off about it.

I did the same thing with the twilight. It was the week we moved and Audriana was just born so I used that as my excuse to just read and read!

Misty said...

ok who is picking on Spencer?!! I am going to have to lay some smack down!! Nobody picks on someone whos always there and such a good friend to MaShayla! You know she did her birthday list last night for her party and he is the only boy she wanted to invite! :)