Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Heartbroken

I am heartbroken. My sweet sister-in-law Ruth, passed away yesterday. What an incredible woman she was. Just a beautiful soul. She was smart, lively, and sassy. ( My perfect fit.) She and I would have fun-loving debates about whatever. I could ask her a broad range of questions and she would know the answer, however big or little it was. She and I had many trip to Utah this last year. I grew very attached to her. She was with me for almost every Dr. appointment when I was pregnant with Sara. She was with me for the ultrasound that said Sara was going to be a girl. ( She cried the entire visit.) She and I enjoyed many lunches, and Starbucks stops. We would giggle and enjoy each other. She had a great sense of humor. She teased me about my driving and tell me she was glad she was blind or she might be scared to death or that it was okay my van was messy she couldn't see it anyway. Things like that. I loved they way she had her fiesty, sassy moments also. She also sat through many phone conversations with Lily. ( Lily loves to talk and sing on the phone.) Adam loved Aunt Ruthie, and was always happy to see her and talk to her about Star Wars or whatever was on his mind. Spencer understands people and thought she was a wonderful auntie. Todd is trying to be tough and accept everything, but it's hard.
We are trying to remember her spirit through sadness and keep her alive in our hearts.

We loved her so much. She will be missed.

My 'mommy-type' person is gone and I am heartsick.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I am sorry to hear this Melea..will you ever get a break? You are the only person I know that is so familiar with death.
Hang in there, I will call you when I return.
Best to Todd and his family and take care of you.

Steph said...

I'm so sorry.
I don't know if you know, but my sister died coming up on 5 years ago.
I'm thinking about you. Hang in there. Love you.