Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving

Wow! Another year has flown by. I have so many things that I am thankful for. I try to think of things everyday that I am grateful for, today is a great day to reflect on all the things that I am grateful for. So here I go.

I am blessed everyday to be a Mommy and a wife. I have the most beautiful, smart, wonderful kids. They are the light in the sky, the skip in my step and always a breath of fresh air. They make me smile, jump for joy and fill complete.

My Boys

1.Spencer is the most wonderfully brilliant big man. He is a wonderful brother, friend and son. He is brave, yet wears his heart on his sleeve and totally 'gets' me. He understands when we need him to understand. He's very logical and is always asking questions. I love that this past election season we got to have real conversations about life, politics, religion and the rights of others. I love that when confronted he sticks to his guns and chooses to stand up for what he believes in. I adore him and that beautiful smile of his. I am thankful everyday that he is mine.

2. Adam is the wonderfully quick witted, tenderhearted, little man. He is charming and so funny. He's always had a light in his eyes. He makes me giggle about something everyday. He says some of the most off the wall stuff, funniest things at the most random times. He is absolutely the laughter and entertainment in our family. He also has a huge heart. He has a love for people, his family and his friends. He loves music and has watched videos over cartoons since he was little. He is artsy and creative. I am blessed to be his Mommy.

I am blessed to have these two little men who even though they fight, they absolutely would be lost without the other one.


My Girls

1. Little Miss Lily made a grand entrance. Since birth this beautiful little girl has been the other woman in Todd's life. The look on his face, I knew I had competition. She is beautiful, fun-loving, tender hearted, joyful, and a snugly little Daddy's girl. She is a girly girl through and through. I love that she lets me play with her hair and do her nails. I love that she plays with Barbie and dreams Princess dreams. I love that she loves to dance, her little booty shakin' makes me smile. She's also quite the little singer, right now her favorite song is 'Hot & Cold' by Katy Perry. She's just a joy, and Todd and I have been blessed with the privilege of raising her.

2. Little Miss Sara Rose owns a piece of my heart that could've easily been darkened by the sad events that followed her birth. The loss of my Dad effected me in a way that made me feel desperately lonely. This brand new baby of mine allowed me to bond with her like super glue. She has been an easy, mellow, wonderfully sweet baby. She is incredibly smart and sassy. She takes in everything around her, studies people and seems to know if she can trust them or not. She is warm and beautiful and I adore her. She is my ray of sunshine and she is mine.

3. Valerie. She is not mine but she owns a piece of my heart. Since the first time she hugged me, we have had a bond. She is a beautiful girl with such a big heart. She has a compassion to love everyone around her. She has a conviction for her values. She is smart and strong and I love her so much. I am thankful that she is my sweet niece.

I am thankful to be able to raise these beautiful little girls to be strong, confident, wonderful women.

My Husband

My lover, Todd. My everything. My heart and soul. My slayer of dragons and fixer of things:) I am blessed that I get to be his wife.


My Brothers
My Brothers. I adore all of them. All of them bring a unique quality and purpose to our family. They are so wonderful. I am thankful for each of them.

My Friends
My friends. Wow! What a wonderful group of women are in my life. Arlene, Sala, Keri, Nicolle and all my other friends and blogger buddies. I love you all.

My Extended Family
My extended family is amazing. I adore all of you. You are each special and bring happiness and support into my life.

My Country

I am so grateful to live in this wonderful country we live in. I love being an American, having the freedoms I have, living the life I get to live. I feel privileged to raise my family here. I love our military and the freedom they protect. I love that I get to vote and have a voice.

There are do many other things that I am grateful for, my home, my husband's job, food to eat, vehicles to drive, my utilities, my health and my family's health. And the list goes on and on. I love you all. Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone.