I have to say that I was a Grinch for a while this year. It took me quite a while to 'get into the Spirit', but Christmas morning and all the kids faces will melt even the coldest of hearts and I again started loving Christmas. And I am thankful I have 364 days left to shop for the next one. Happy Holidays everyone.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Christmas Morning
Christmas is quite the event at our house, like most homes with little ones, the excitment can be overwhelming for the kids and stressful for the parents. This year was no different. Christmas Eve started off with dinner, new jammies or sleep pants for all of us, and Christmas stories. Then off to bed for the kids with wishes for Santa to bring the coolest stuff. At our house, Santa brings one thing and then all of us get something for each other. It doesn't seem like a ton, but with a family of 6 (7 with Val), it seem like the tree was loaded. So here's where the real adventure begins.
Santa Claus made it to the Bates' home. Look at all that loot. Santa spoiled us rotten. He must love us:)
My boys were crazy insane for Nerf guns this year. However they could get them. Spencer got 2 Nerf guns. One is called a long shot which Sara shopped so hard for and the other is a Gatling gun (whatever the heck that means) that Adam found for him. He also got a Nerf Wii game from me, movies from Todd and a ball thingy from Lily. Santa brought him a Didj. (Which is an advanced version of a leapster.) And a game and case to go with it. Santa also brought him a Star Wars DS game and candy in his stocking. He seemed very pleased with his haul. No complaining, only happy smiles and lots of shooting.
I don't know if Spencer thinks this is flattering or annoying but none less, Adam asked for almost the exact same things as Spencer did. He got 2 Nerf guns (same kinds as Spencer) from Sara and Spencer. He also got a Wii game called My Sims Kingdom from me, and a Lego chess set from Todd and Lily got him a marker coloring set thingy. Santa brought him a Didj with a game and a case also, but Santa didn't test it out very well and it will need to be returned to the North Pole for a replacement. He seemed ok with that. He had his guns. He could still fight Spencer. O' and he also got a Lego Batman DS game and yummy candy in his stocking.
I just hope the Elves aren't on vacation yet. I heard they were heading to Fiji for a break.
Miss Lily received a vanity set from Santa. She loved it. Todd got her the cupcake maker. I got her a dolly, Spencer got her a Dora Leapster game, Adam got her a Barbie and Sara got her a hot pink and black dance bag for her dance shoes and costumes. She also got a Barbie Christmas Carol movie which we've only watched once. (What the heck?) And her stocking had a Mommy and big sister that goes with her Doll house from last year and candy. (The Mommy from that doll house had a tradgic accident that somehow involved Adam and some missing arms. Lily just said she died. It was pretty sad. Poor Mommy.Poor Lily.)
Quick funny story. Last year we (or Todd rather) had a hard time getting Spencer to stay in bed. So this year the kids were warned that if they came out of their rooms for any other reason, than to go potty, I would text Santa and ask him to come back get everything that he left my kids. It worked, no peakers. And at the designated time of 6:01 am all the kids were up and ready, although not totally awake yet.
This year Sara was so funny. She was told over and over "No, No, No" when she started to open presents. (Todd even started keeping the tape in the tree. Like a pretty ornament:)
So, when it came time to open the presents she was a little unsure of whether this was allowed or not. She seemed hesitate at first but she quickly caught on and opened the presents with vigor and was even searching for more when hers were all opened up. She got a caterpillar ride on thingy from Santa. Her Daddy got her a Dolly house, I got her a Dolly, Spencer got her a baby (that she loves), Adam got her a Little People camper and Lily got her a clipo table thing. She was in heaven. It was a fun year with her and all the kids for that matter. Val got a
really cool hair dryer that you can see through, a jacket, a shirt and a gift certificate to get her hair done.
I have to say that I was a Grinch for a while this year. It took me quite a while to 'get into the Spirit', but Christmas morning and all the kids faces will melt even the coldest of hearts and I again started loving Christmas. And I am thankful I have 364 days left to shop for the next one. Happy Holidays everyone.
I have to say that I was a Grinch for a while this year. It took me quite a while to 'get into the Spirit', but Christmas morning and all the kids faces will melt even the coldest of hearts and I again started loving Christmas. And I am thankful I have 364 days left to shop for the next one. Happy Holidays everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow!! Looks like you guys had a BLAST!!
Post a Comment