Tuesday, December 9, 2008

You Must Believe to Receive

 Every year the company Todd works for hosts a night where Santa makes a trip down from the North Pole and see's 'Solvay's' kids. Tonight, was the night. First off, I have to say that I have had an abundant amount of energy today. I really don't know why, but I got my house clean and dinner in the crock pot by 2:00 today. And that was with the 'help' of my two tiny Princesses. I know it, I rock. Ok. Well, as soon as Todd walked in the door after a 7 day set, we had dinner and went to see Santa. Spencer being the brave big brother that he is, went first. When we left the house we asked all the kids to think about what they want for Christmas. The thing that Spencer wants Santa is not allowed to bring. A new XBOX 360. Ours has what is called the red ring of death, which in Mommy terms means, 'it's broken and needs fixed'. And Spencer is desperate for his weekend gaming marathons, and truly, he doesn't seem to want much else. And that's what he told Santa. Now, my sweet little Spencer has known or rather thinks he knows the 'secret' behind Santa. He is a smart kid and puts certain things together along with listening to his friends, but we have a rule 'You must believe to recieve'. So I think some of the magic is lingering. At least I hope it is.
 Adam was also brave and hopped right up on Santa's lap and told him that he wanted a Nerf Gatling gun so he can practice shooting the trees. (Yeah right, only if his brother and sisters are considered trees.) We giggled at that. He also wants a huge Lego chess set and the Lego Death Star. Santa better start robbing a bank! And soon. Adam is so stinkin' cute. What a sweet boy.
 Lily was so excited to go see Santa. She was my little tiny mini me all day. Everything I did, she did and she was talking my head off about everything. (I really enjoy my afternoons with my girls.) She was really good all day. She had dance tonight, no lolly gagging, she ate all her dinner, no complaining and was the first one ready to go. Now, when we walked into see Santa, she all of a sudden looked scared. But after seeing that her brothers were very brave, she decided to give Santa a chance. Not before she looked him up and down though. She told him she wanted a make-up thing without a stool. (For some reason Lily says without for with?!?!?!? That's weird.) In Lily speak, that means a vanity. She is also asking for a cupcake maker. She's so cute. I just love her.
 Now, my sweet little Sara only lasted about 2 seconds on Santa's lap. She just screamed. She probably scarred for life. One part of the Mommy in me knew she was going to scream and I didn't want to put her on his lap, the other part said, "That will be the cutest dang picture, even though she could have nightmares about this guy until she's 100." The second part won, but only very briefly. After a quick, but o-so-cute picture, Todd rescued her. What a great Daddy.
So Santa is now informed as to the Bates children's wants, and he can go back to the North Pole knowing that my boys were brave, Lily was trying to figure him out and he made Sara scream! We love Santa.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

TNeilson said...

I love the screaming pics! All of my kids have them! I'm like you I couldn't resist the photo op!!