
What a day. Crazy day. Sad day. First off I need to tell you that I am a loser Mom. I am almost 3months behind on Sara's immunizations. I've have never been such a slacker on something so important... until now. We got a little behind last winter because every time we scheduled an appointment, it snowed like hell and we couldn't make it to Evanston. But I had no excuse for not getting them on time this time of year. Except for the fact that I am a slacker Mom. Anyway, Todd and I headed to Evanston. We had several things to do. And so Sara's appointment was on and we headed to her pediatrician's office. (We love this pediatrician.) When we arrived we soon learned that Sara is 20lbs and 30 inches long. She is in the 10th percentile. WTF??!?!?! Todd and I looked at each other and the at the Dr. and we giggled. I can understand our baby being a little short, but not skinny. Now mind you when she was born she was 8 lbs. 1 oz. and 17 inches long. Yes 17 inches long. She looked like a little sausage. So cute. Anyway, by the time she was six months old she was 17 lbs. I don't remember how long, but she was in the 75th percentile for weight and 50 for height. Now my baby is is officially tiny. Sara's Doctor didn't seem worried. She said it's normal for toddlers to munch and not eat a ton. Still I was concerned. We also talked to the Doctor about a persistent diaper rash and eczema. She thought she might have a slight allergy to milk. Nothing to big. We'll cut back and see what happens. She also recommended different lotion and then proceeded to puncture my baby. Sara cried so bad. But it didn't last very long. So we are done for another 3 months. Hopefully she'll gain some weight and start fitting in with the rest of the family. My sweet little, tiny, itsy bitsy, teenie weenie Princess.

2 comments:
Okay, I have to ask you who you're pediatrician is?! I haven't been able to find one yet.....and its been almost 4 years since I've had one!
Ditto. I have been to a couple of them here. Who do you go to? I want to know if it is the one I like, or the one I don't like:)
Post a Comment