Yesterday was a trying day. I felt like I struggled all day to maintain composure with my kids. Sara didn't feel great all day, Adam's ears didn't work and Lily colored on my new bedding with a dark blue crayon. DARK blue!

Now, I know there are worse things in life. But it's brand new and a golden color, the dark blue stuck out like a sore thumb. ( And didn't match a thing.) I yelled at her to go to her room and then told the boys to go in their room.
( They weren't in trouble, I just couldn't breathe.) I grabbed the ever wonderful magic eraser and thankfully, the crayon came right off. ( Yeah!!!) Lily has calmed down so much from how busy she once was, but the last few weeks with her are turning my fabulous red hair grey. I swear she knows when I sit down to nurse or someone pops over for a visit that I'm not going to be on top of her. She thinks to herself "Mommy is busy, so what can I get into?"
To top the day off, when Todd got home from work Spencer IMMEDIATELY told him " Mom had a freak out." I was calm by this point, but still felt like a 10 year old explaining to my Daddy what I had done that day. So, yes I had a freak out, but everything is fine today, and Lily is not allowed to have crayons anywhere near my room.
2 comments:
Moms need to freak out sometimes. So What... at least you don't throw yourself on the floor at the supermarket cuz you couldn't have sugar in a box with the words cereal on it.
Freak out's are a regular around here...you are allowed once in a while or you would go insane!
I hate it when the kids 'tattle' on me too.
Post a Comment