Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween


 Halloween was so fun this year. We were up at 6:30 and ran all day long. Spencer decided to be Dracula for the 5th time in all of his 10 years of dressing up for Halloween. I always say 'Really? Ok!' Whatever. How long is he going to get to do this? So he made a great Dracula, again. He wanted really dark make-up and blood dripping everywhere. Well, it's not my thing but he thought it would be great to be really gross, gross means cool in boy talk, so I am learning. So 'Count Bloodthurst' was born. By the way. Having red hair usually means you have sensitive skin. The make up broke his face out into a sweet rash plus he was a little swollen today. Next year he'll have to pick a costume without make up. I'm sure it will still be gross though.
 Adam was a 'Gangsta Zombie'. Anyone who know Adam, knows this is costume fits him perfectly. He saw it in the Costumes Express magazine and had to have it. He knew it the first time he saw it. It came with the shirt, mask and most importantly, bling. Well, the bling made it out the door in the morning but didn't make it home after a half day of school. To funny. Anyway, I helped out with his party. (Spencer's teacher told them they were old enough to just watch a movie.) The Mom that organized it was amazing. She had several games, treats, stories and even lunch planned for the kids. The party went so well and several Mom's showed up to help (and brought treats.) That always puts a smile on the kids' faces, to see their Mommy's there. Adam was no exception. I had a great time with him and his class. Cutie Patutie!
 Miss Lil' had a Halloween party on Wednesday with Miss Holly, and she dressed up for Preschool on Thursday even though they weren't supposed to. (Rebel!) She and Sara had matching Princess outfits, but she changed her mind and wanted to be a witch. Since she dresses up all the time I thought why not? Old Navy rocks by the
 way, not only are these costumes cute, but they are cheep, so Lily can channel her inner Princess often. And let me tell you, she does. Anyway, my sweet little witch was beautiful. She was so excited to go trick~or~treating. She couldn't wait. All day, that's all she talked about. She also asked for some make up like Spencer, but I already knew she has sensitive skin, so mean ol' Mama said no. Actually she didn't argue with me much. We did paint her nails. That seemed to help. I love to see her face light up when she gets to do something big, with her brothers. She was a trooper all day, full of excitement. And she was the cutest witch I've ever seen.
 And finally we come to my sweet little Princess Peanut Butter. Sara was all dressed up in her tiny Princess costume, complete with a crown barrette. Man, she can wear a crown with pride and sassiness. She was so fun at Adam's party. She took off exploring a few times, but for the most part just helped out with tearing things apart, or eating the popcorn or just whatever else needed done. She was funny with all the masks, she didn't really know what to think. She mostly hugged on her Mommy and looked stinkin' adorable all day. Sweet Baby.
 It was a great Halloween. The kids where so cute, we had a great time. The kids are already talking about next year and what they get to dress up as. Thankfully, it's a year away. Mama needs a nap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the kids costumes. I wish we were closer for these occasions.It looks like Lilys dual personalities shine through. Ha. There are lots who do not like Halloween, but I truly enjoyed it when the kids got to come to our house and ring the bell rather than go round and round, round, round and round the trunk or treats.Anyway love the photos and great pumpkin craving guys.