
Today we got the boys' report cards. As can be expected they are both geniuses. Spencer is doing great. He is advanced in most subjects and proficient in the rest. His teacher says "Spencer has worked very hard this quarter and always tries to do his best. He has memorized his multiplication facts and his reading and writing are strong. I appreciate his efforts." He also has perfect attendance. That is huge for him. He is just loving being a in Mr. Argyle's class. He's a great kid.

Adam is also doing great. He is proficient in everything except for returning him homework. That's really funny because he doesn't remember to bring it home, little lone return it. Mrs. Hickey says he's reading a little bit about average at 98% accuracy and does a wonderful retell of the story. (I can hardly imagine how fun that is.) Writing is going great. He is understanding beginnings and endings to sentences. Math is also fabulous. Right now he is understanding values of numbers, basic addition, values of coins and reading graphs. She ends it all by saying "He's a great asset to our class. Thank you for sharing him with us." I am so happy to share him for a few hours a day, then I want him back home:) I am so excited the boys are enjoying school. They both are doing great. I'm so proud of them.

I haven't talked to Lily's teachers yet, but in casual conversation they always say she is doing great. She's really great at writing her name (ALL OVER EVERY PIECE OF PAPER IN THE HOUSE!!!) She is recognizing letters and numbers, she can dance to and sing anything. She can communicate very well (sometimes not through words:) Lily is also extremely independent as of late, when it comes to brushing her teeth and combing her hair. She's doing great for a little 4 year old Princess.

Sara Rose has officially conquered climbing on the table. She is also working on eating out of a bowl using a fork and spoon. As with most toddlers, the bowl ends up on her head and then on the floor. She is starting to love to express herself with major red-headed melt downs. They are pretty funny. She is also smart enough to know that when we go somewhere, we need our jackets. She finds them for us and grunts at us until we put them on. And if we let her, she would wear her coat all day. She is such a sweet, smart and um...firey baby. That's whats new with the Bates'.
3 comments:
Just read the report card story. I also believe it to be true!! Chad is at PTC as we speak with Cassie and the kids..Hope his news is as good as yours was. Great photos by the way. Please pass along "keep up the good work" to the kids from us. Love you all Becky
Do you still like writing 'Mr Argyle' like you did back in grade school? Perhaps with hearts and such around his name? I am sure you can't WAIT for parent teacher conference. Melea had a crush, Melea had a crush.
Oh Melea, those pictures! I love the ones of Spencer and Adam...judging by those pictures, they're looking more and more alike! But that Lily!! Oh that look on her face made laugh hysterically!! And that tiny baby of yours is well on her way, isn't she? What beautiful little red ringlets she has!
Gorgeous...GORGEOUS family you have there, Ms. Melea!! I miss you guys!!
Post a Comment