So, I did this for Facebook, but I thought I would post this on here for my non-facebook friends.
1. Ok. I admit it. I have a little bit of OCD. There are twice a day when it it really bad. At my kids' bedtime and my bedtime. The kids start their bedtime routine at 6:30. They have chores, bath time, brushing teeth and then at 7:30 we read as a family for 20 minutes, then it's off to bed. Lights out by 8:00. Mine is, finish the little bit of cleaning around the house, start the dish washer, feed the dogs, check on the kids, lay their clothes out, wash my face & brush my teeth. If these things aren't not done, I am in a tissy and I don't sleep well. My best friend loves to laugh at this. She calls me micro manager and is excited that when we are in the nursing home, we will never miss Bingo. I will always know what time it's at and when we need to leave to get the best wheelchair spots.
2. I married my sweetie when I was 17. It was a surprise to most people and I don't know if anyone thought we would make it, but 16 years later we are more in love than ever. We have grown up together.
3. My kids are, without a doubt, the best things in the whole world. I love them more than anything. Just to see them smile, wow, that's a beautiful thing.
4. I cry at times when I shouldn't like songs or music videos and don't cry when I should, like funerals.
5. I watch Pride and Prejudice or Sense and Sensibility almost every night.
6. I am ANAL about how my kids look. I want them to look nice and smell good all the time. I also want them to be respectful and responsible of everyone around them.
7. I have come to realize that there are worse things in life than death.
8. Newborn babies are like crack to me. I love them, want them, crave them. There is nothing better in the world.
9. I am finally starting to learn to budget. I don't always pay for others anymore, I find ways to cut corners and I am working on saving. I have four kids why did I not learn this earlier?
10. I laugh when I hear about government conspiracy theories. I recently heard they where making cars with special chips in them so the government could always know what you are doing. So my day would go something like this: 8:00 take Spencer and Adam to school. Kiss them both send them on their way. Go back home. 9:00 take Lily to school, kiss her goodbye, send them on her way. Go back home. 11:30 go get Lily. Go home. 3:00 head off to get boys. 3:02 pluck eyebrows while waiting for the boys. 3:04 fix my hair and make up. 3:06 ask Lily why she's crying. 3:07 put a new movie on. Probably Barbie. 3:08, clean out my purse. 3:10 see Adam come out of the school. Smile. 3:11 open the door for Adam to get in. 3:15 See Spencer get off the bus. Smile. Open the door for Spencer. Go home. My life just isn't that interesting, nor am I that important. The person in charge of me would be seriously board.
11. I love having a huge family. I want a few more kids (on top of the four I already have), where as Todd was happy with one.
12. I love my brothers, so very much. Pat and John crack me up almost every time I hear their voices. They are among the only people in the whole world that can tease me without hurting my feelings. I also adore Don, Joey and Jared.
13. I have best friend. Arlene has been like a soul mate to me. Sala, Keri and Nicolle have also been best friends to me. I love and adore them all like sisters.
14. I lost my Mom when I was 12, she was 32. I was scared to death to turn 32. Throughout this last year, I was worried I would also die. Alas, I am alive and kicking.
15. I very rarely stand up for myself.
16. All four of my kids are 3 years apart. Almost exactly.
17. I have a MAJOR crush on Justin Timberlake. Sexy Back is the best song ever!
18. I think you only grow through challenges.
19. If an issue doesn't matter in 6 months, it isn't worth the fight now.
20. I seriously think Todd is the yummiest man on earth.
21. I love music & movies, love them.
22. I started the "Fly Lady" house cleaning rules and my house has never been so clean. No more CHAOS!!!
23. Buddhism is my passion right now.
24. I cannot stand drama. I absolutely hate it. I feel like it's all around me.
25. I have truly realized the wisdom in Forrest Gump's saying. "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get."
And Becky, I was going to add this one just for you and I totally forgot.
26. I abso-freakin-lutely LOVE your homemade jams and jelly and Salsa. You know how you can't enter the threshold of my house without jam? Well, after Christmas, salsa was added to the list. That was YUMMO!!! I totally love you:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
glad you put this on the blog. What is the fly lady method? My house is a mess and full of chaos! It is weird to think that for me being married at 17 also,that I am now sneaking up on being married for half my life. We were married 33 years on the 31st. Who'd of thunk it. There are times I worry about what our Government is up to, more so now than 20 years ago. I believe in the Bible and what it has to say, and it mentions on more than one occasion about being implanted with a chip, thus being subject to rule and dominion. I love your husband too(smile). You're the best. Love you. Becky
Post a Comment