
I have been meaning to blog about Lily for a while. She has had a few fabulous things going on in her little life. The first biggie is a Lagoon Dance Competition. Lily and 2 other little girls headed off to shake their little booties. When we got to Lagoon, it was raining. Not just raining, but pouring. It never pours here. Maybe a light rain, and definitely not the kind that last all stinkin' day. But it rained, a lot, all day long. And because I am a total dork, and never expected that much rain, we were soaking wet. I don't think I've ever been that wet outside of a shower, ever. But it was all worth it. One little girl got up on stage and cried. I felt so bad for

her. But Lily and her friend Elizabeth totally rocked the house. In the first video Lily is in the middle and in the second one she is on the left. The girls took home 2 first place ribbons, a metal and a trophy. (The trophy stays at the Dance studio though.) So even though it was a crappy day weather wise, it was a great day in all other senses. There is no better feeling in the whole world than being proud of your babies. And Lily can shake her booty like no other 4 year old I have ever seen. Sweet little bootilicious baby girl. I think she is a whole lot of wonderful :) I hope she continues with dance, I think it's something she has some natural ability in.

Another thing is, she got a certificate of completion from the Child Development Center. Even though we don't send our kids to school until they are 6 because of summer birthdays, she has the skills necessary for Kindergarten. I can't believe how much she has blossomed this last year. She can write her name. She knows her letters and numbers (with a little help). She learned her phone number and address. Knows all of her colors. Yep, that settles it, she's a genius :) The last biggie that has happened in Lil's life is, she and I got to go on a date to see Hannah Montana. OMG! That baby girl loved it. I think she was a little confused, but she was quiet and never once got up

to wonder. She just sat there watching it. The movie wasn't that bad :) I just enjoyed having her to myself for a minute, with no boys or fighting. Just my sweet girl and I hanging out, having a girls date. I am however, worried that the Hannah Montana phenomenon will take over our household. I guess there are worse things in life though.
Lily's Hip-Hop DanceLily's Clogging Dance
No comments:
Post a Comment