
Spencer got Citizen of the Month this month in Mr. Argyle's class. Isn't he so handsome. I think he loves when his Mother comes to school and takes a ton of pictures of him :) :)

There were actually 2 from Mr. Argyle's class this month the received this prestigious award. The other one was Spencer's good friend MaShayla. Their teacher didn't read why Spencer was citizen of the month, but I bet it was because he is a wonderfully adorable boy. O' and because he is smart, nice funny, charming, witty and so cute. What a sweet man.

For this last picture, I wanted to get a picture of Spencer with his teacher. Now, remember, Mr. Argyle was my teacher when I was in 5th grade. For those of you who knew him, you'll see that he looks exactly the same. When we got back to Spencer's classroom, watched the kids finish up for the day. Mr. Argyle has the kids solve a math problem before they can leave. It was great to watch him in action with the kids and to see how the kids respond to him. I am so thankful my sweet Spencer got him for a teacher this year. Mr. Argyle has been able to instill a love of math in Spencer. Quick story about Spencer and his love of math. A few weeks ago, I walked into his room after he was supposed to be in bed asleep. I noticed movement under his covers and was worried about what I was going to find. He is almost 11 after all. I said "Spencer, what ya doing?" He shyly looked at me and showed me his cell phone. I said, "Spencer, who in the hell are you texting this late at night?" He says "Mom, I wasn't texting, I was calculating." I smile at him and told him no more, it was time to go to sleep. I came out to the living room and told Todd that something was wrong with our boy. He was calculating under his covers! We still giggle about that. I hope that his love of math, helps him on his journey towards getting his Doctorate Degree or Neuroscience Engineering Degree and buying his Mama and Daddy a big house in Hawaii :)

No comments:
Post a Comment