Saturday, March 29, 2008
Reflections on my 32 Birhtday
As I mentioned today was my 32 birthday. It feels weird. My Mom died when she was 32 and this has been weighing heavily on my mind for a while now. It probably sounds crazy, I am not sick, I don't have any of the health issues that she faced, but still it's on my mind. I think about everything she missed out on and everything her kids missed out on. At 32 I have four beautiful kids, an adorable husband, and so many wonderful friends and family. I can't imagine leaving it all behind. It makes me wonder so many things. Do I live life to the fullest? Do I spend enough quality time with my kids? Do they know how happy they make me? Do I put the remote down and play with them enough? Do I tell Todd everyday how deeply I love him and how he makes me complete? Do my brothers know how much I adore them and how proud of them I am? Do I tell my best friends how rich they make my life and how they are my sister soul mates? Do I let extended family know what they mean to me, especially my sisters-in-law? Do I live my life with a genuine appreciation for everyhthing I have been blessed with? Do I live in the now or do I put it off until tomorrow? Do I know what is really important in life? Do I understand why God gives me the challenges he does and learn from them? So many things, so many questions. It's all up to me to decide the answers. If I were not blessed to be here tomorrow, would I have lived my life in such a way that my Mom would be proud?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment