Monday, March 31, 2008

Book Fair Monday & AR

 We have a rule at our house. You get good grades and to strive to meet the goals you set. When either of these have not been accomplished to the best of your abilities, you loose the privilege of video games. Spencer set a specific goal of how many points he would reach in a month called AR points. Well, most months he reaches it with room to spare. This month was not the case. He crammed all weekend to finish his reading and while he did finish the books he had rather poor accuracy on both of them. Now he is one smart kid. Failure is not an option here at the Bates compound. He ended up borrowing an extra point from a month that he went over. So in the end, he reached his goal, but not the way he should have. Next month he will have to do things differently and not procrastinate. He is usually a reliable, responsible child, so I guess one flub up is okay.
Sara was great today. She is a happy girl no matter what is going on and she seems to attract a lot of attention from people, smiles and comments. What a cute baby she is. Such a joy.
  Todd, Lily, Sara and I had lunch with Adam at school today. It was his book fair week and the kindergartners day to have lunch with their parents and spend some time at the book fair. Adam, my superhero freak, picked two books that are full of super hero's. One is an encyclopedia of all the Marvel comic superheros and the other one is about Ironman and the Hulk. How cool is that? Super heros rock!!!
 Of course the moment we got home from school the boys were fighting over who got to look at the books. When Spencer and I go to the book fair, I think I know what books he will be getting.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Steph said...

Happy Belated birthday! I'm not far behind. I'm glad it was great!
:)