Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sleepless in Seattle

 Cheesy title, I know. But it was the only thing I could think of. So, the Bates family headed west for Seattle to see Pat and George on June 5. I am crazy about cleaning the house before we go anywhere so we started that morning by finishing up the house and packing. Then we started out. I have to be honest with you, I was nervous about flying or rather going through the airport with 4 kids. But everything was fabulous. The kids were awesome, Todd was great, and I was pretty good. Our flight was delayed by about a half an hour because of crappy weather. When we arrived in Seattle, Pat and George were waiting for us. We gathered all of us into vehicles. The boys and Todd rode with George in his convertible Mercedes and the girls and I rode with Pat in his Toyota 4runner. I wish the weather would've been better, the boys would've loved the top being down. Anyway, we got to Pat and George's house and unloaded everyone. Lily and Sara had had quick naps and were ready get going on the visiting. Lily was so excited about Seattle, every time she heard it mentioned on TV she would say "We're in Seattle!!!!" The rest of that night was uneventful except for the fact that there was a sweet little dog named Finn (Pat's dog) that made a huge impression on the girls. Lily and Finn were great friends right
 away, Sara on the other hand wasn't sure what to think. She cried whenever Finn came around the first day or two but after that she was fine. Lily thought he was the best thing ever. She played and played with him. I don't know how, but Finn kept up with her. She ran around with him for 4 days, dragging him around with a toy, but they both seemed happy. Finn is a great puppy.
 Spencer and Adam played a lot of video games. Uncle Pat joined the boys and spent the better part of Sunday night trying to beat Lego Indiana Jones on the Wii. There were two big highlights of the weekend (besides going on the airplane.) On Saturday the boys went to the Museum of Flight where they got to see a ton of different kinds of airplanes. They also got to sit in the cockpit of a fighter plane and see Air force one from a few years ago. They loved it. Pat got them both airplanes and Lily a Delta Airlines flight attendant Barbie. The other exciting thing was the Aquarium. The boys have seen it before a few years ago but loved to see all the different fish. Adam loved to feel what an octopus's' arms feel like and Spencer liked the shark tank. Lily loved all of it. Sara had been running a fever the night before so she and I stayed home. She seemed to be fine but I was worried about having a screaming baby in the middle of a crowd. So they returned with lots of stories, full of excitement. So all in all, even though we didn't do a ton of things we had a great time just hanging out with Pat and George. They made us feel warm and welcome. The kids are already talking about when we can go again. I just tell them "Soon Babies, Soon. Let Pat and Geoge rest and then we can go back!".

Posted by Picasa

No comments: