Saturday, June 28, 2008

Flaming Gorge Days

 So Friday night's activities started with a phone call from my sweet sister-in-law Barb, earlier in the week. She called to tell me that Jim (Gene & Barb's son) his wife Jennifer and daughter Kaitlyn were going to be coming in from Ohio for the weekend. There were big to-do's going on in Green River. Anyone who is from Wyoming knows that when there is something going on in a town near by, you probably should go because you never know how much longer it's going to be before there is another fun, exciting thing that will come along. So it was off to the fabulous town of Green River.
 With that being said, we were treated to some really good (country) music. First Chris Young was up. I was really impressed with his voice. He was really talented. A little reminiscent of early Randy Travis. I had only heard one or two of his songs before, but he also belted out some ZZ top and vintage Keith Whitley. Wow, that man could sing.

 We were also able to see Rodney Atkins. Chris Young was a far better singer, but Rodney Atkins was a really great performer. He involved the crowd and had us sing a little of his most popular song.

 The kids were really good. It was every one's first concert other than seeing Todd and his band. Sara was happy and clapping through Chris Young but totally crashed out during Rodney Atkins. In this picture, Todd's brother Gene is holding her and as usual, she was totally content and happy to be held and snuggled.

 Lily and Kaitlyn were quick friends when the first met back in November and this weekend was no exception. They were having fun chasing each other and dancing.

 Valerie came with us. She was kind of in and out of sight most of the night. She knew a whole bunch of people that were at the concert, so she was visiting and hanging out with a little bit of everyone. It was fun to have her with us. We are going to miss her terribly when she heads off for school in Idaho. My kids are going to miss her terribly, she's been an almost daily fixture in their lives since they were born. Our family is going to enjoy her every minute we can until she moves on.
 So, Friday and Saturday were great, the food was yummo, the company was great, and the festivities were great. I love summers in Wyoming. We only get about 3 months of it, and by dang we are going to enjoy it. I also love being with my friends and family. I love watching my kids have new experiences. As they get older they get easier to take places, I don't feel like I'm going to be screaming my face off quite as frequently as I used to. Todd and I have great kids, I love having this big honkin' family to share my life with. Immediate and extended, they're all fabulous.

No comments: