
So, as most of you know, our family is headed off to see Pat in Seattle. While pondering what we need for our little vacation, it occurred to me that I had not bought any shorts for the boys at all and most of their school pants have holes in them. They also needed some summer shoes. Being the adventurer that I am, I thought I'll take the kids to Rock Springs and grab the items that I needed. Now being the Mom of four, I new it would be easier to take Val with me (if she was available) and have her help. Val and Sara are best buds and they get along great. Val is the only person I've left Sara with and I trust her whole heartedly with my babies. So anyway we headed off for Crackhead City (Rock Springs).

We got to Rock Springs only to realize that the construction there was a mess. For those of you who don't know, Rock Springs has grown so quickly and the roads have not kept up. It was a mess before construction, but now, o' man. It's just an accident waiting to happen. Anyway, we went to Walmart and I ran into a childhood friend. Jeanie Balser. Wow! I hadn't seen her since we graduated. After a quick hello and introduction of children, Val and I headed off to the boys section and grabbed shorts. (Spencer loves basketball shorts, I think they're ugly. What do you do?!?!) We also grabbed diapers and wipes and new toothbrushes for Seattle. Adam got $32.00 for his birthday and really wanted to buy a new Nintendo DS game. (It's fun to watch him pay for things.) So we made it out of Walmart (the kids were awesome, by the way) unscathed, (and no TMI clerk) and I was now desperate for Starbucks. We grabbed some Starbucks and went to Payless and grabbed flip-flops and headed back for home. We were going to grab

Todd from work and needed to be at the mine at 6:00. We made it. Early actually, which is rare for me. And we set out for home. When we got home, Todd and I worked on our yard for an hour. Last summer, I was so very pregnant and couldn't care less about the yard. It showed. The yard has dead spots this year. I'm trying harder this year. I'm channelling my Nana for beautiful yard tips. It was a great, but crazy busy kind of day. We are ready for Pat's house.
1 comment:
Shorts won't be needed here, but jackets yes - looks like rain all weekend - keep an eye on the weather while you pack.
Friday: Showers likely. Highs around 60.
Saturday, Sunday, and Monday: Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers, especially Saturday. Highs reach the lower 60s.
Post a Comment