Sunday, July 20, 2008

Broken Ears

 I feel like all my kids have broken ears. I have been struggling with them. I'm not sure why they have been so hard the last few days, but I feel like all I've done is scream.
 I guess I can't really complain to much about my girls right now. Sara is to young to be very sassy and Lily just whines. But my boys are kicking my butt. Adam seriously just ignores me. I feel like I ask him 100 times to do something and I end up a screaming mess. Why does he do this? I don't know! There are days I think that the ear Doctor totally missed something when she examined him. I need to go talk to her and tell her all Adam's hears is "Waa, waa, waa, waa, waa." And pretty soon it turns into "WAA, WAA, WAA, WAA, WAA". Then he turns and looks at me and says "Why are you yelling?" GRRRRR!!! Why do you think? You little stinker.
 My biggest problem lately has been arguing with Spencer. I have realized lately what a master manipulator he is. I don't know why I didn't pick up on this earlier. He has figured out how to turn every argument around to be my fault. Then I have to ask myself why I am arguing with my 10 year old? I'm the grown up, right? I'm the parent, right? Sometimes it doesn't feel that way. Todd and I were both raised with parents who had a 'back talk' rule. We both felt like we couldn't express our opinion about our side of the story without being accused of 'back talking'. So we are trying to let our kids speak and get their point across, but it has to be respectful. Recently, I have realized WHY my parents had a 'back talk' rule. There are ways to get your point across without 'back talking' and being disrespectful aren't there? I'll figure it out, or rather Spencer and I will figure it out.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Uh huh, yeah, yup, {nodding my head vigorously} been there done that!

I'm worried that my new neighbors will think I'm a mad woman yelling at the top of my lungs at my kids! At least I knew I had a kindred spirit there...here I have a granola-eatin', tree-huggin', yoga-goin' NICE NICE lady...with NO KIDS!

Greeeeeat!!