Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mr. Smarty Pants

 I know I don't write near enough about my boys. I feel guilty about that. I adore my boys. Adore them. Anyway, Spencer has a teacher this year that he absolutely loves. Spencer has always been a really good student, but this year he has shown some massive promise in math. The last few years he has scored in the 95% of all kids his age in Wyoming, according to the state whatever-whatever exams. However, he has always complained that he didn't like it. I think it might have been because he wasn't challenged enough, because this year he loves it. He was making up his own math problems to work on. What? And he has fallen in love with reading these silly books called 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid'. There's a series of them and he reads at night until he's in trouble for being up past his bedtime. Seriously. I can't believe the transformation in him. What a genius. He is doing so well. Harvard might not be out of reach after all.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Misty said...

Seriously Melea, he is the most awesome boy! I love how is so nice to everyone and I know MaShayla is glad to have him as a friend! And I 2nd the teacher thing. AWESOME teacher!!