Friday, October 17, 2008

Strep Throat Sucks!

 My sweet little Adam came home from school yesterday with a bad headache. He is never sick, never complains about being sick, little lone has a headache that slows him down to the point of being a couch potato. But he was sick and he had a fever to match his headache. Then later in the night he started complaining about a soar throat. I thought he might have strep, but the Doctors office was closed and the next place to take him would be to the emergency room 30 minutes away. So I gave him Ibuprofen and he crashed out on the couch. Poor guy. Anyway, he was still feeling crappy this morning so Todd took him up to our local clinic and sure enough, he had strep. So we cancelled our family plans for the day and decided it would be a good day to watch all 6 Star Wars movies. That will totally rock. And he gets to load up on Popsicles and Gatorade. He will be feeling better AND have a sugar rush soon. Sweet little man. On the bright side, he wants to snuggle with his Mommy. Now that, I don't mind at all. It's hard to snuggle a non-sick wiggly 7 year old. So I am going to take advantage of that.
Anyway, I have yet to find my ambition that I was looking for yesterday. I think it's lost. I am catching up on laundry, just in time to have a round of sickies and need to do all the bedding. That's fun. I did manage to fix dinner. And I am happy to report, there was very little bitching about BBQ spare ribs and corn. That was also fun. But the rest of the house and tonight's dinner is still up for debate as to if and when it will be completed. Right now, I'm going to snuggle my sick little man and 'enjoy' Star Wars with him. The house work will be here tomorrow when he is feeling better and doesn't need/want snuggled.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: