Sunday, January 20, 2008

Jared & Katherine.

Last Friday I was able to spend time with Jared, his Mom, and my step sister Katherine and her family. It was so nice to just sit down and visit. The kids played so well together and everyone was calm and warm. Katherine and her husband Paul have 3 little boys, Alonzo ( almost 4) Kolby (2) and Kyle ( 2 months). She is an amazing Mommy. It was nice connecting with her on the 'mommy level'. I haven't always felt like we have anything in common. She and I have always led different lives. We both have different beliefs when it comes to religion.( She believes very strongly in her Morman faith, while I believe very strongly in my Christian/ Buddhist faith. ( I know that sounds funny).) Which sometimes makes you feel like you are a 1000 miles apart from people. But a family is something that we share, we are both happily married to wonderful men, and we both have beautiful kids. Now, after knowing her for 20 years, I feel like I have a connection with her.
Jared is my youngest brother. He is a big boy, with a deep voice. He and I also don't have a lot in common, but someday we will. I hope to spend more quality time with him from now on.

No comments: