
For those of you who don't know me really well I have a whole bunch of brothers. Pat, John, Joey, Jared, and Don. My Mom and Dad had me in March 1976, John in May of 1977, and Joey in December of 1978. Holy cow they were busy. Sometime around the age of 8 or 9 Pat came into our lives and our family adopted him. I honestly don't remember much of my life without Pat being in it. Anyway. Jared came along in 1990 after my Dad married my first stepmom, Janet. My Dad suprised us with his little secret about 5 years ago, his name is Don. So I am the only girl surrounded by 5 brothers. They are all so different and so fun to be around. Pat is a wonderful voice of reason for me. We are worlds apart and yet he always knows how I'm feeling. He helps me to know what to say or do in some of my crazy situations. John is a ball to be around. He has a foul mouth, and always says what he is thinking, he is very seldom PC, and he is so funny . He also knows what to say and how to say it when I need help with something. But he definitely says it differently than Pat. Joey is the kid in our family who has taken the brunt of our jokes, punches, and silliness. He has struggled in his life. Not always knowing where he fits in. He was my Mom's favorite before she passed away and didn't get treated very well by anyone else. He too, is a wonderful man and starting to know himself and understand who he is and what is purpose is in life. My Mom would be proud of how well he is doing. Jared is a lot younger than I am, and he lives a totally different life than I do. I am proud of him for his convictions and standing by what he believes. Don is the spitting image of my Dad. I don't know him very well yet, but I hope to.
Anyway, Friday night John & Lacey and their kids, and Joey and his family were over for dinner. We had a great time . John never fails to crack me up. He is such a crass man. He always knows the most shocking thing to say and says it. Lily loves him so much. Joey will get on the floor and let the kids kick the crap out of him. He seems to be doing so good right now. Anyway, there was a lot of Wii playing and just visiting. It's so good to spend time with them. Pat was suppose to have left for Europe Friday ( I think). I hope he has a fabulous time.
3 comments:
I am in Europe = Espoo Finland to be exact!
Oh my... I do miss Pat! Funny how life leads us in different directions.
I didn't know you had two young(est) brothers... we have been out of touch for WAY too long!
Post a Comment