Todd has a really good job, but he has to work graveyards. Tonight is the last one of this 'set'. He leaves at 4:30pm and gets home at 7:00am. And sleeps the vast majority of the day. So we miss him pretty bad. The upside to those nasty graveyards in that he works 5 days and then has 5 days off. That's kind of how his schedule works. I am thankful for his job, even though I'm bitching. In 15 years of marriage we have only had health insurance for 5 of those and 3 of those have been because of Todd's current job. He also has an opportunity for a pension and a 401k, plus, for the first time in our lives, we have life insurance on EVERYONE in our immediate family. This may seem like something everyone is used to, but for us it's only a recent development. And it's something Todd's Dad has never had. But I miss him, the kids miss him. So we are thankful and blessed, but that doesn't mean I have to like graveyards.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Shift Work
Todd has a really good job, but he has to work graveyards. Tonight is the last one of this 'set'. He leaves at 4:30pm and gets home at 7:00am. And sleeps the vast majority of the day. So we miss him pretty bad. The upside to those nasty graveyards in that he works 5 days and then has 5 days off. That's kind of how his schedule works. I am thankful for his job, even though I'm bitching. In 15 years of marriage we have only had health insurance for 5 of those and 3 of those have been because of Todd's current job. He also has an opportunity for a pension and a 401k, plus, for the first time in our lives, we have life insurance on EVERYONE in our immediate family. This may seem like something everyone is used to, but for us it's only a recent development. And it's something Todd's Dad has never had. But I miss him, the kids miss him. So we are thankful and blessed, but that doesn't mean I have to like graveyards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment