Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Another Tuesday Grinde

 Today Lily, Sara and I are just hanging out. Sara isn't feeling great, Lily is watching Scooby Doo and I have a crap load of stuff to get done. How in the heck did all this laundry pile up? O' I know, my kids think changing into several outfits a day is acceptable, there is also a herd of people that inhabit my home, and probably the biggest culprit is that I HATE laundry. I actually hate folding it and putting it away. I really need to enlist the help of my children more frequently. Yeah right!
 Last night, the kids and I decided to surprise Todd and grab him from work. He works about 1 hour away. So after we all jumped in the burb, I put a movie on, we headed out in search of Daddy. He works underground, and doesn't have cell phone coverage, so I was panicked we weren't going to get to him before he left with his car pool. We made it. The kids (and I) were so excited for him to come out of the building, we could hardly contain ourselves. After we found him, we went to Little America and had dinner with Todd's brother (Gene), sister-in-law (Barb) and nephew (Jim). I swear we haven't 'known' Jim that long but he is a warm and fun person. (Todd is 18 years younger than his brother, so most of the nieces and nephews are Todd's age.) I feel like I've known him my whole life. He fits in with all the crazy banter and dishes it out with impeccable timing. Plus I adore Todd's siblings and their spouses.It was a great night just talking about parenting, kids, work, and everything else in between.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Steph said...

I had a dream about you last night. I don't remember what about, but I remember you had a shaved head. ??? Whatever!

Cute babies! (they're all babies to me, even my oldest)

Fun to spend time with family. :) Glad you caught Todd in time!