Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tuesday Grinde

 With Sara crawling now, we find her in some funny places, for some reason she loves getting under the end tables and the coffee table. Now this wouldn't be a bad thing if she could just get OUT from under them.
 Spencer had another baseball game. He's cheezing it up for Todd in this picture. Lily, Sara and I stayed home, but Todd said he did really well. He hit the ball and made it around the bases. He was also able catch and throw the ball with better accuracy than before. He's improving every time he plays and seems to have a little bit more confidence. He's doing great.
 I have to tell you about a fun thing that happened to our Valley this week. We had NO water, anywhere in town, from Tuesday morning through Wednesday afternoon. (Those with wells were fine.) There hasn't been school in two days and some, if not most of the restaurants in the Valley closed down. This has all been a big ordeal for our little towns. And now, since the water came back, we are on a boil order. And the water is extremely dirty. It's been nasty. We were informed if we washed our hands with the water, we would need to use hand sanitizer afterward. I can't tell you how much fun this was with four grubby kids. I braved the grossness and took a shower, but I was afraid for the kids to bath in that brown water so we went to my friend Janey's house for their baths (she has well water, which wasn't near as hard as our water.) She was welcoming and more than willing to let us barge in on her. Anyway, we made it through and now we are even more thankful for fresh, clean water.
 It's funny because it's not really something you think about until it's not available. And when you're out of one of your utilities, you feel a little lost. I'm spoiled, I know it! And I like it that way.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: