Seriously there are days that I surprise myself. I mean I really wonder where my head is at. The kids had a dentist appointment scheduled today in Evanston. Well, so I thought. We had swimming lessons at 11:00 in Lyman. They run about 50 minutes. Todd and I dropped them off and ran to get coffee from Maverik. We were driving around, just killin' some time and enjoying each other's company, when I remembered that I needed to put an ad in the local paper for our yard sale coming up. The local paper is located down the road that leads to the cememtary. So Todd and I ventured down to the paper's office and realized that it was closed. O' YA! Today it the 24th of July. (It's a Mormon holiday.) So we thought "Let's keep on driving, I haven't been to the cemetery since my Dad died." And off we went. We got there only to realize that the trees my Nana planted by her and my Grandpa's graves were missing the bottom half of it's limbs. How my Grandmother isn't turning over in her grave is beyond me. She hated the way the town took care of the graves, she would be pissed off to say the least if she were to witness this. Then came the surprise. While walking over to my Mom and Dad's graves (they are right by each other) I notice that something was vastly different. I was instantly worried because the woman my Dad was married to and I DO NOT get along and I thought she might do something to harm or disrupt the grave sites. Anyway, I get over to the grave and see that she has placed another head stone under and off set from my Mom and Dad's. That probably sounds weird but my Dad now has TWO headstones with his info on it, plus a foot stone that has his Navy info on it and the foot stone has a big ol' honkin' cross on it. Now I personally wear a cross from time to time but my Dad NEVER believed in this symbol. I have to be honest, I was shocked to see it. I know there is nothing I can do about it, nor would I give her the satisfaction of knowing that I care. But it was disturbing for a minute.
Ok! On to the reason I'm a douche bag. So, we drove to Evanston today, thinking the kids have a Dentist appointment. We seriously rushed out of the pool, ran home, had bath's and showers, brushed teeth, and booked it out the door. When we arrived in Evanston at the Dentist office we noticed that the door was locked, at 2:00, and thought maybe they are at lunch still, we'll give them a minute. Well by 2:10, I was questioning my times and dates. Still, we waited a few more minutes. There was no dentist, nor was there going to be one today, I WAS A WEEK EARLY!!! A lot of the Doctors and Dentists around town were off for a long weekend. Anyway after realizing that there was a mix up some where (I didn't know yet that it was MY mix up! I realized this after I got home.) we went to see my little brother Joey and his fiance Denise. Joey asked Adam to be his ring bearer at his up coming wedding. I have to tell you something about Joey. He was massively into drugs for a long while and has been clean for several months now. He looks SOOO good. I can't believe the change in him. I so proud of how far he has come.
After our visit wit Joey, the whole famn damily headed to Walmart to buy out the store since I haven't gotten groceries in forever. And by golly we did just that! Then we headed off to Wendy's for dinner and the home.
It was an incredibly busy day. I felt like a dork and a douche bag. (Douche Bag is my new favorite word if you can't tell!) And I wanted to crawl under a shell but life goes on. There will always be other appointments to totally screw up and many more opportunities to look like a total douche bag! I look forward to them. Bring them on baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for commenting on my blog I have actually enjoyed it. I think it helps to talk about the struggles in life.
I love reading yours and seeing those smiling faces. Your kids are so cute but they are growing up to fast.
Thanks for turning me into a blogger...my fab friend. Take care. Johnetta.
is 'Douche Bag' appropriate vernacular for a mother of four children Melea? It is no wonder Lilly has such a foul mouth. Clean it up for god's sakes!
Hey! I'm glad I'm not the only one who screws up!! :) Tell joey I am so happy for him!!
Post a Comment