Thursday, July 31, 2008

A River Runs Through It.

 Today was a very interesting day. Todd is on day shift at work. He leaves around 4:30am and gets home around 7:00pm. I know, long day huh! Anyway, when he got up, he noticed that water was spraying out from under the kitchen sink. Again, it's 4:30 in the
 morning. He is getting ready to leave for work and he just woke up. He shut the water off under the sink, left me a note and went to work. Well, when I got up (it was actually at 7:00am, holy crap!) the rug under my dining room table was soakin' wet. It is just a few feet away from the sink, but seriously it was so wet that when Spencer and I rolled it up and carried it out side it was so heavy we could barely pack it and
 dripping water everywhere. What a stinkin' mess. But my kitchen floor was clean before 8:00am! Anyway, later that morning, when Jim got here he had mentioned that there was water in the basement, on the floor. Well, my first reaction wasn't very serious. I mean, I have four kids right, there is always liquid something, somewhere all the time. Well, a little while later I went down stairs to kind of check it out an see what he was talking about and noticed the water puddles were kind of in a weird place. Then Jim said something about water being in the garage. All of a sudden, a light bulb went off. The kitchen sink is right on top of the garage, specifically Todd's music room. Where all of his band equipment is. Great! I thought 'Holy Shit, I hope the water didn't go into his music room.' But just as I opened the door, well I couldn't really open the door, I realized that all the drywall from the ceiling had fallen on top of the music equipment. All of Todd's equipment had water on it,
 some of it was soakin' wet. So, Jim busted in some how and we started moving music equipment out and Jim ended up having to tear all the drywall down that was in the music room. It was a freakin' mess. But shit happens, right? Anyway, that little fiasco set Jim Jim back a few day, but thankfully he was here and can fix it. We are still waiting for Todd's equipment to dry so he can see if any of it is damaged. Anyway, what a wonderful day. Our family is alive, the kitchen floor is clean and Jim is here to fix the damage, all and all, although it sucks, it's not the end of the world. It's just an interesting day.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Ohhhh nooooo! What a mess! Is the equipment okay? I bet Todd was SICK!

Good point about a family alive and healthy and everyone loves a clean kitchen floor...but good grief!!